Love at First Sight?

The gang and Rookie headed off to Metropolis to stop Infinite but Rookie had a mission to take care and/or try to defeat Infinite. Infinite looks down at the city and says to himself, "More ants to crush. I wonder if this world can offer me a real challenge." As he said that, Rookie walked behind him but in fear. Infinite notices he was behind him and says, "and is to answer, the world sends me a trembling child." Teleports to him. "Are you going to fight and die here? Or runaway in fear again?" Infinite says noticing how close he is to Rookie making him even more scared. Infinite chuckles and thought 'he is so cute.. but why? Is it too early? Perhaps I should spare him' but Rookie was so close to his face knowing hes... Blushing? At Infinite for being so close, he can feel his breath by his mouth. Rookie quickly stepped away and lost in his thoughts noticing Sonic trying to talk to him in his mind. "Hey don't be scared. This is your moment to shine.! Keep going. Don't let your fear own you!" Sonic encourages in Rookies mind making him feel confident. He stands up and makes a sign saying he will fight. "Alright. I'll teach you fear then pain. Well at least the fear and pain will end." Infinite scoffs teleporting them in a random room. He then uses his phantom ruby to attack but Rookie was fast to notice. Meanwhile he wins and Infinite was fascinated by Rookies fighting moves.. also shocked. "W-wha? How did you?" Infinite questions. He used his phantom ruby to attack again but it went to reality showing it didn't hurt Rookie but Infinite used his force to push him down on the floor. Straining to get up, Infinite grabbed Rookie by the his scarf saying, "I want you to remember this moment. And when you do.. you'll know I'm going to ruin your beloved city." Rookie didn't quite hear what he just said but studied the details (mask) on his face making him scared and blushing. Infinite let's go and walks away hiding his face from Rookie.

Infinite pov
Ever since eggman made me I believed I was invincible but I was wrong.. so wrong because I just lost by two imbeciles known as Sonic and I believe.. Rookie? I have no idea who that is but im beginning to fall for him.. he's just so.. cute when he has fear in him. Heh.. weird.?

Rookie pov
Oh jeez. What was that Rookie? You ran into your biggest enemy but he's falling for you? That didn't make any sense, I like Sonic but.. Infinite.. he hated me but holding back something.. what was it..?

Meanwhile Rookie ran back to his gang with a dark blush on his face. Everyone was concerned but tried to ignore it but Sonic asked alone with Rookie. "hey buddy hows it going lately with Infinite?" Sonic asks friendly but his answer was another blush from Rookie. Sonic was kinda worried of what Infinite did to Rookie but what.? (I'll tell you what. They like each other). Sonic has a light blush on his face thinking does Rookie like me? But he thought it was dumb so he shrugged it off knowing Rookie already has a crush, Sonic thought it's best to drop it and leave it be so he said, "uh heh. Never mind I think you need your space." Along with a awkward chuckle, then left Rookie who was spacing out and thinking about his moment with Infinite. Rookie slapped himself on the head knowing its impossible to fall in love with an enemy.. but why..?