Chapter 1

Second Person POV:

You sat on the couch in your small apartment. Your laptop screen was the only thing lighting the room. You were waiting for an email. You tugged the blanket that laid on your lap. While waiting, you put on some videos on YouTube. After a while of watching funny animals, a familiar ding came out of your computer. You held your breath. The notification for an email came out of the side of the screen.

|From: Buzzfeed

|Subject: Your Resume

Your hand gripped the blanket. You hesitantly clicked the email. You squeezed your eyes tight. You've been waiting for a job opening at Buzzfeed ever since you finished college. Everyone's job there seemed so loose and interesting. Before opening your eyes, you prepped yourself for the worst. 

"Dear (Y/N) (L/N),

          Your resume has been read by the manager. We're happy to welcome you into the Buzzfeed family! That's right, you got the job. We're happy to work with you. Come to meet us at 1135 N Highland Ave, our Buzzfeed in L.A.!" you read quickly. You squealed. You just got your dream job. After pushing through college, earning a degree, and working at many miserable jobs, you finally achieved something. You smiled as you wrote a thank you email back.

You shut your laptop and scurried out of your wrath of blankets. You flipped on the light and ran into your closet. You looked at your wardrobe. You had to decide what you were going to wear on your first day. Something casual, you thought. In the end, you chose (outfit). It was 10 PM by the end of your small fashion show. It still excited you that you got the job.

"I need some tea," you said, pulling out a box of bagged herbs.

After your tea was made, and your excitement settled, it was late into the night. You were a night owl, and even though you shouldn't have, you stayed up all night.

~~~

5:30 AM: You woke up with a start. Your alarm clock was screaming at you to turn it off. You slumped over and slammed the snooze button. Your eyes fluttered open. The sunrise crept into your apartment window. You groggily got out of bed. The air seemed much colder than your blankets. Motivation was more than needed to get out of bed.

A nice cup of coffee and some cereal solved your morning hunger. The instructions in the email said to be there by 6:10. You woke up plenty early. After breakfast, you took a shower and put on your outfit. It was casual, but also work appropriate. You tossed your hair in a medium pony (or something else.....you're the reader) and wore some sneakers. You hopped down the steps of the apartment building and got into your car. Before you started driving, you took a deep breath. So many things happened so fast. You played some of your music and was on your way.

~~~

You arrived at the Buzzfeed office and was greeted by the receptionist. Thankfully, she knew who you were and wasted no time of yours asking you questions. The lobby was full of lounging chairs and ferns in pots. Something you expected from Buzzfeed.

"Top floor, door farthest left." you recited. The elevator dinged and you stepped in. You pressed the button for the third floor. The elevator quickly went upward. You were excited but very anxious. Things were going quickly. As that thought continued the elevator opened up to a dark hallway. You stepped out and slowly walked towards the end of the hallway. Once you reached the door you assumed was the right one, you knocked. A lady opened the door and smiled.

"You must be (Y/N)! Please do come in, come in!" she exclaimed. You smiled and walked into the private office. Her degrees hung on the wall. Pictures of a little boy were scattered on the bookshelves. You assumed it was her son.