Chapter 4

You woke up the next morning to your metal alarm clock. Ned wasn't awake yet. You barely because of the all-nighter you pulled. You crept out of the assortment of blankets and straightened yourself up. You tossed your hair away from your face and raided Ned's kitchen for some food.

"What are we here?" you asked yourself as you found some protein bars in the back of his pantry. He said "help yourself," you recalled. You peeled off the wrapper and stuffed the whole thing in your mouth. A jacket you had carried around last night was tied on your waist over the cool shirt you wore.

Ned trudged into the room. 

"Good morning," you said. He waved and rubbed his eyes with his other hand.

"We have to pick Zach up in 10 minutes or else he'll assume his car exploded in some tragedy," you said. He chuckled and grabbed a protein bar from the cabinet. Ned was already ready. You, on the other hand, looked like a mess as you described it. You didn't have time to go home and change.

Unknowingly you had been thinking out loud, which Ned had listened to.

"You can borrow something," he suggested. You tilted your head as if you didn't understand.

"Well I just thought that you said you needed a change of clothes so..."

~~~

Ned made you choose something, especially because you were worried about the other BuzzFeed workers criticizing your again-worn-outfit.

Ned brought out a small band shirt he hadn't worn since college. He said no one would recognize it and wouldn't guess that you had spent the night and borrowed it.

You changed into it and put on a jacket you had found in the back on Zach's car.

"I'm borrowing it just for today," you told Ned.

"That's what you say now but in a month or so you forgot to give it back and it'll probably be laying in your closet somewhere." he reasoned. You laughed as you turned on the car. Ned sat shotgun.

"Zach lives over here?" you asked.

"Yep,"

"Just wanted to make sure,"

You pulled up to Zach's house. No one was outside. Ned was texting him several times but got no response. Ned reached over at honked the steering wheel 8 times. Moments later small Zach scurried out of his house with several things in his hands.

"Come on!" yelled Ned.

"You realize other people live here," you said.

"Let's not worry about them," he said mischievously. Zach opened the door in the pack and threw his stuff inside.

"You're not hung over, are you?" Ned asked.

"Little bit," Zach admitted.

"Good morning to you, good sir. Where is your destination?" you asked with a fancy accent, imitating a taxi driver.

"BuzzFeed. Hey is that my jacket? And is that Ned's shir-"

"Zach, how do you put CDs in?" Ned interrupted. Nice save, you thought. You and Ned had guessed that anyone who found out you spent the night would suspect something else happened, which neither wanted rumors to spread about.

"You, no Ne-, stop, press this," Zach instructed Ned, the man who pressed any and all buttons.

~~~

At work, you finished everything within the first few hours. You casually visited the Try Guys' desk as they did for you. You made small talk, usually about work, and made Olympic office games. Medals were made from foil yogurt lids. (get the reference?) Ned hosted them and you helped create the games. Other co-workers participated. Eventually, half of the room was either watching or playing the games. Eugene on his Instagram story had made a short video of Ned with file boxes taped to his feet moving across the room going against his competitor with the caption "WHAT HAVE THEY STARTED!?"

Work was fun with friends. You competed as well. Zach and you went us against the "Desk Chair Sprint." Zach claims you tied but it was clear you had won. You had an ending ceremony where you played "Olympics Themesong" and made doves and American flags from paper.

"We have just tallied the number," Keith declared.

"And... the winner of Office Olympics is...." the Try Guys plus you said all together.

"Ryan Bergara! And in second place his partner Shane Madej!" you announced.

The ghost hunters cheered. You enjoyed watching their adventures as well. You were excited to meet them in person.

Ryan stood in the middle of three boxes of different height. His was the tallest box. Shane was on the box to the right of him, taking second place and the shorter box.

"We have one more spot in the winner's section!" Ned shouted. Many got excited. You made some notes and calculated some numbers.

Keith took your calculations and announced the 3rd place winner.

"And it is...." Keith began. "Ned!" The crowd cheered. When Ned stepped on the shortest box, the wall behind them there was paper doves being pulled across the strings.

"Are those meant to look like their flying?" Shane asked. Ryan laughed and then did his signature wheeze.

"I did the best I could do!" Keith exclaimed.