Chapter 5

(Y/F/D) = Your Favorite Drink

It was all fun and games at BuzzFeed. But this month was one of your busiest yet. You were filming videos, producing videos, paperwork, being in videos. The whole shazam.

"Want to go to lunch with us?" Ned asked from behind your computer screen. You smiled but then glared down at the paperwork.

"Can't,"

"What? Why not?"

You lifted the bundles of paperwork and shook them.

"BuzzFeed is a social media, news, and entertainment creating place. Those papers aren't any of them," Ned stated. You cocked an eyebrow.

"Why thank you, Mr. Google," you scoffed, typing away at the keyboard.

"Just trying to help," he said raising his hand in the air. He good-byed you and headed towards the door. You checked the time.

"A 30-minute lunch break wouldn't hurt..." you contemplated. "But then again, look at all this work I have to do,"

"Screw it,"

You leaped out of your seat and turned off the computer. You saw the Try Guys heading out the door.

"Wait for me!" you shouted to them. You jogged and grabbed your coat.

"Yay!" Zach cheered.

"A 30-minute lunch break wouldn't hurt," you repeated. Eugene put on his tux jacket over his dark turtleneck. Everyone else put on their unworthy hoodies.

~

Everyone decided to go out to eat at the Mexican food place across town. You piled into Keith's car in the back seat. Eugene automatically got the front seat (no use trying to fight him) while Ned and Zach sat beside you. You sat in the middle with a perfect view of the road ahead. Zach was on your right and Ned was on your left. Both dozed off looking out the window.

After a while of driving, the car had come to a halt.

"We're here!" Keith sang. Zach sat up from his jacket blanket and opened the car door.

"Seatbelt," you reminded. He was trying to get out of the car with them on.

"I feel like I should be smart enough that you shouldn't have to remind me," he admitted. He unbuckled them and hopped out of the car.

"We all have some troubles, Zach. Maybe your trouble is with seatbelts."

~

Everyone got inside the restaurant. It was small but the aromas coming from the kitchen made your mouth water.

"Are you hungry?" Ned asked. You shrugged and waved your hand back and forth.

"So so,"

"Wanna share something?" he asked. You nodded. Anything from the menu would be ideal. The tables were outside so you excused yourself to grab one.

Eugene came out next, complaining that he wanted sushi.

Zach pranced our if there with his Hi-C drink in one hand.

Keith and Ned came outside last and carried all the food out. You jumped to your feet and tried helping them.

"Who paid?" you asked.

"I did," Ned said. You pulled out a twenty dollar bill and handed the crisp paper to him.

"Here. To pay you back for my food," you said, waving it at him. He swatted it away.

"Take it," you demanded.

"Nope. We do this all the time. Next time Zach will pay," he explained. You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Then I'll just pay whoever's paying. And it just so happens that you're paying so here,"

He thought for a moment. "Tell you what, buy me something with that money and I'll accept it."

That's stupid, just take the money! "What if I get something you don't want?"

"My loss,"

"You make things a lot harder than they should be."

"Oh, I got you (Y/F/D). That's your favorite drink, right? I wasn't really sure. If it's not I can go back and fill it up with something else," he said, sorting the utensils. He's so sweet.

Oh
My
God.

You thought for a long time.

You liked Ned. Everyone liked Ned, but you like liked Ned. You hid your face in your coat after sipping your drink.

"You okay, (Y/N)? You look a little...red." Keith asked. You nodded.

You had known him for a much shorter amount of time than the other Try Guys, but it was obvious how easily you guys clicked. He was always concerned about you and your choices. He was energetic and competitive but always caring and sweet.

You tried not to think about it.

"I think I know what to buy you with your money," you mumbled with a mouth full of food.

"Hm?" he asked.

"You'll have to see."

~~~

The next day while Ned was on his lunch break, you walked to the ice cream parlor. It wasn't that far luckily. With perfect timing, you had managed to the the ice cream back into the office before he came back from lunch.

You set the treat on his desk and moments later he walked into the office.

He looked around the room. He picked up the plastic bowl of ice cream and looked directly at your computer. You had your head resting on your hands as you clicked away with your mouse on the computer.

You moved your eyes to set a gaze on him. You raise your eyebrows but your eyes quickly went back to the screen.

He walked over to your desk.

"So is this my money?" he asked with a smile. You pushed your chair out and faced him. You shrugged in response.

"Come on, let's share it." he said, walking away. You sat up from your chair, pushed it in, and jogged to keep up with him.

He grabbed a spoon from the kitchen and stepped on the outside perimeter of BuzzFeed. He found a bench to sit and pay the space next to it.

"Sit,"

You took the first bite.

"Oooohh!" He squealed. He complimented your good taste in ice cream combos.

"Here," he said, waving the spoon in front of you. You looked at him doubtfully. He started to move the spoon closer to your mouth.

You opened and took the ice cream off the spoon.

"Ooh. I am good at choosing ice cream flavors."

You thought it was a little bizarre to share spoons but you shrugged it off.

Yeah, you definitely liked him.