Chapter 6

Almost a year went by. Try Guys broke off of BuzzFeed and you stayed. Why? It was becoming unbearable for you to be around Ned. You were slowly falling for him. Hard. It took a lot just to act normal around him, so why even bother being around him anyways?

You looked at his old desk, no occupied by a different employee.

"Coffee?" Some one asked from behind you. You turned around to see one of your closest BuzzFeed friends.

"Don't mind if I do," you said, picking a coffee and taking a sip.

After typing away again, you found yourself getting distracted. Again with Ned's old desk. And with Zach's old desk. And Keith's and Eugene's. You missed them. A lot. Although you hung out often, it wasn't as much as before. If you're lucky you run into them once a week. You mostly texted each other but one side on the conversation would be left on read.

"Hey! Barbra wants to see you!" you were tapped politely on the shoulder. Your boss? Did you make a huge mistake? You stomach flipped. You smiled and nodded at them. You laid your headphones on the desk and slowly pushed out your chair.

Up the stairs you went. You could have easily taken the elevator, but stairs would take long enough to get you in the right mindset.

You knocked three times before entering, as she requested every time you went up there.

"(Y/N)! Nice to see you! Come on in!" she shouted. Bags were under your eyes and you were tense. Barbra noticed that right off the bat.

"Well, we got some good news and some good news, what would like to hear first?"

"Good news,"

"Well, you're our greatest worker. You're great in videos, you are the greatest in the office, and everyone loves you!"

"I guess that is good news," you said tiredly. You thought about the all-nighters you pulled to make your work perfect. You thought about the times you stayed extra late and came in super early to catch up on some work. You did deserve praise, but you were too tired to accept it.

"And you want to know the other good news?" she asks. You nod.

"We're firing you!"

"What?" you yelled.

"You're fired! Gone, out of here, bye bye forever!"

"Why?" you asked. What were you going to do jobless? You can't always just find a job in Los Angeles.

"You aren't healthy. Lack of sleep is horrible for your body,"

"You're during for me because I don't sleep?"

"Well...no. We don't think you're happy here. You have potential. Great potential. And spending your extra time here is going to get you anywhere." Barbra said calmly. You sighed and pinched the bridge of your nose.

"I can't be jobless. Not now- I just- Barbra please. I'll work less and I'll get some sleep. I just really need this job."

"You aren't jobless, (Y/N)."

You cocked an eyebrow. "What do you mean? You just fired me,"

"We recommended you to someone and they'd really like it if they came to work with them."

Your boss wasn't making sense. "Who?"

"Try Guys,"

"Really?"

"Really."

Joy had sparked inside of you but your face fell.

"Is there something wrong? I thought you guys were close!"