Preparation for Meditation Part 2

What to Wear

It's best to just have comfortable, loose-fitted clothing. It's best to have no adornments or makeup during meditation. That means no jewellery, no accessories such as ears or tails, and no collars.  Why should you not wear these items? These are distractions. Your mind will probably wander to them and focus on those outward physical things instead of the answers that are within yourself. These items can block you from being able to examine phantom shifts as they occur in their natural and pure state.

Gear can't tell you anything about yourself. We also have mental and emotional attachments to these items that can cloud our judgment and understanding. You don't want that during meditation. Meditation is a time to observe yourself, the body, feelings, emotions, and shifts in a neutral way without excitement, anger, fear, or being judgmental. You aim to be detached during meditation. It's hard to distance yourself from preconceived ideas and beliefs that might be incorrect if you are wearing a full set of accessories that constantly tug at your mind and attention. You want to put all of that aside. Every meditation is a chance to examine the self with a fresh start and from a new perspective.