Chapter 12

Yoon:
Hey Jimin, I'm outside
your house I think.

I pulled back the curtains, red eyed from all the tears, looking to see if he was there and right enough, he was. I flashed the light on my phone so he knew he was at the right house and texted him back straight away,

Me:
I see you. Can you
hide behind the bush?
If my parents see
you, you're DEAD
Read: 2:12am

Yoon:
Sure.

Grabbing a bag filled with spare clothes, I prepared a few minutes ago, I slid open my window. I swear what is the thing with windows? I always have to use them now as an entrance or exit. There was the downstairs bathroom roof that I was able to use almost like a slide and as slowly and steadily as I could, I landed on the grass.

Yoongi came over from the bush looking concerned, "Jimin! What happened to you?" putting his arm under me to support the weight I was bearing he quickly walked the both of us away from my house.

"I'm f-fine.. really," I looked up at him when we were far enough away from my house, tears pricking from the corners of my eyes.

"You're clearly not Jimin, "he frowned and stepped back to take a further look at me.

We stood under a street light and Yoongi pulled my sleeves up which revealed bruises the whole way up my arm and around my wrists where my parents had restricted my hands.

"I can only imagine what the rest of you is like right now.." Yoongi slipped his hands from my shoulders to around my torso, hugging me gently.

I leaned in to his shoulder sniffling. The hug lasted a few seconds before he smiled at me, took my hand and gently pulled me on down the road beside him.

"Do you feel comfortable letting me know what happened?" He questioned.

"Y-yeah of course," I was nervous but needed to talk to someone to get my mind of it and Yoongi was the perfect one to talk to, "T-they think there's a demon inside of me. They tried to d-drown me and they threw things at me."

"What the hell? What type of fucking parents do that?" Yoongi stopped still, shocked, "Why do they think you're possessed? You're literally the least most likely person for that to happen to."

"I don't know," I looked down as my glasses slid down my nose, "I guess I'm just not good enough in their eyes."

It was quiet for a few seconds until Yoongi nodded his head, "You're more than good enough in my eyes. Just because they may think that doesn't mean that everyone else thinks it."

My face burned up and slowly turned to look at him noticing that his face was flushed too but he was trying to hide it by turning away.

I giggled softly before hitting him playfully, "You say things so easily."

"Sorry," He rolled his eyes and grinned back at me. It was quiet for a few more seconds until he spoke up again, "So where do you wanna go, there's not much to do at this time."

I laughed at his dimness, "Well obviously, it must be almost three am!"

"Lets just go for a walk then. Give me your bag cause I don't want you to hurt yourself any more than what you already have."

I took my bag off and handed it to him. He threw it round his shoulder and we continued to walk down the street lit road. He had already changed my mood to a lot more cheerful in just a couple of minutes. We came to the end of the housing estate but there was a small path that led you down through a small forest, it was so pretty in the day time but during night since it was pitch black, hard to see and a little bit scary.

"Is it okay to go down here..?" Yoongi cautiously asked.

I hummed in response, "Why? Is the bad boy ..scared?"

"I am not!" He protested, "Just was wondering if it's safe. That there's no bears.."

"Yoongi we live in south Korea, the only bears here would mostly likely be in a zoo!"

"I guess you're right.. let's go then!"

••••••••••••••••••••

"AH I SWEAR I JUST HEARD A BEAR," I clinged on to Yoongi's arm.

"I thought you told me there were no bears?" Yoongi smirked knowing my own words had made me paranoid now.

*CRACK*

"OKAY, IT'S A BEAR. RUN!" Yoongi panicked, grabbing my arm and the two of us sprinted (well, I hobbled) down the path until we got to the clearing.

"Have.. we.. lost it?" He panted, trying to get his breath back.

*CRACK*

"Jimin, It's right there!" Yoongi and I hugged on to each other, our eyes squeezed tightly to try and ignore the terror that was about to happen to us.

But nothing happened.

Yoongi loosened his grip around me and started to giggle. He giggled a lot.

"Jimin, open your eyes!"

I opened one eye slowly and looked up but there was no bear.

Instead, coming out of the bush there was a small fox pup that was very curious as to what we were doing.

"There's the bear that we ran from."

It was only a matter of seconds before the two of us were crying from laughing at our stupidity.

"I can't believe you thought there was a bear after us!"

"You were the one that got scared first!"

The little fox stood sitting just out from the bush watching us laughing. Yoongi tried to approach it before it ran away, scared of the strange human creature.

"I say we should call him Bear." Yoongi decided.

"Suiting name." I agreed. Maybe we would see the fox again someday. Hopefully it won't scare us as much the second time though.

••••••••••••••••••••

We continued to walk though the forest clearing. There was a small lake through the trees. It was very pretty sight even at night although it was a lot harder to see. The moon shone bright and showed its reflection on the waters surface. We came across a bench just beside the lake and sat down to get a little breather.

"How did your parents let you out of the house this late at night?" I asked, curious to how he wasn't one bit afraid of getting in trouble.

"I told them something bad happened to one of my friends and that you needed me so they let me go."

"Seriously?!" I was kind of surprised at his response, "I thought you maybe would've sneaked out?"

He shook his head, "My parents and I have a good relationship, we don't need to keep secrets."

"I didn't know some parents were like that."

"What do you mean?"

"I thought parents are meant to rule over you, give strict rules that you must respect or else you'll be punished."

"Jimin.. you shouldn't be with your parents. They abuse you.."

"But that was only once, I swear!"

"It could happen again.." Yoongi paused looking down, holding both my hands, "and I don't want to see you hurt ever again Jimin. I really care for you, you know."

Someone cared. Yoongi cared. I never knew how much I craved a good relationship with my parents until now but that was never going to be possible. It's different now that I have four amazing friends, my life has changed a lot in just these past few days. As scary as it is, I am so happy for theses changes.

I didn't realise that I was crying until Yoongi brought his hand up to wipe my cheek.

"Jimin.." Yoongi eyes were gentle and I felt comfort from just looking into them. He took his hand away slowly as he softly spoke,

"..can I kiss you?"