2.CHAPTER

Completely unaware of her surroundings, she was in her peaceful slumber without a single care in the world.

Her exams had finished a week ago, and she was on a mission to take full advantage of her summer vacations.

A small smile graced her lips as her eyes fluttered open for a second, and she remembered that she had no classes to attend for the next few weeks.

Even after enjoying a week of her holidays, it still felt surreal to her!

If her friends could read her mind, she was sure they'd have done some sort of test on her to make sure it really was her.

She wiped the drool at the corner of her mouth and just as she closed her eyes to savor the warmth of her comforter again, she heard her wake-up call.

Aisha pinched her eyes more tightly and hoped that the person who was disturbing her sleep would go away.

"Wake up, Mahrani Saheba."

She opened her eyes with much reluctance to see the owner of the voice dripping in sarcasm and saw her mother drawing open the curtains of her bedroom windows.

"Did you pray Fajr?" Aasimah asked and waited for her daughter's answer, although she already knew the reply.

"No," Aisha mumbled and put her hand on her eyes to prevent the morning sunrays from directly falling on her face.

Aasimah sighed.

"Well, now wake up and get ready if you don't want to miss Naazneen's engagement."

Aisha sat up abruptly, feeling slightly guilty and stupid.

Excitement and eagerness for today had kept her awake last night, and right when she was actually supposed to wake up, oblivious to the time, she had overslept.

With much laziness, she dragged herself to the bathroom.

Hurriedly, she finished her business and stepped out to see the neatly ironed new dress kept on her bed with matching earrings and bracelet to wear.

Warmth spread inside her chest as she looked at how beautiful her mother had sewn it.

No wonder why her mother's customers always went gaga over her immaculate sewing.

She definitely couldn't wait to see how it looked on her, but wearing a new dress wasn't the only thing she was enthusiastic about.

There was something at the back of her mind that made her giddy—or rather, someone whom she couldn't wait to meet.

********

Seated in a swivel chair in front of his desk, he stared unblinkingly at the pictures on the screen of his computer while continuously hitting the next button on the keyboard with his index finger.

When he was nine, she was one of the cutest girls he had ever come across.

Most of the pictures he possessed of her were from his eldest brother's wedding.

She was twelve then and had become even more adorable. Now he couldn't help but wonder how she might have turned out.

If anything, he knew she might have become even more endearing.

He sighed.

He wanted to see her and make sure if she still ranted over anything she wished to, like she did when they were kids.

While she orated about anything important and unimportant, he used to just sit there with everyone who listened to her and do the same without any interruptions.

She had his attention caught as long as he remembered.

There was something about her that drew him to her, and it was more than just her cutesy look with those two black ribbon plaits.

She had the ability to charm anyone, and he wasn't any exception.

However, she was an only daughter, and everything she'd need would be served on a silver platter. Never did he see her throw a tantrum or demand anything like other kids of her age usually did. Like he did.

He turned red as he remembered how she had knocked sense into him when he was being hard to handle as a child by his parents.

While he was wailing and acting stubborn during a difficult situation, she had marched straight to him with tears in her doe-like eyes and asked him to shut up.

That was the first time she had directly talked to him.

He had to agree that for her age she was quite bold and smart, contrary to him, and he was a year older than her.

Oh, the embarrassment!

A knock on the door interrupted his line of thoughts, and he quickly opened another tab on his computer.

"Yes?" he called out, his voice shaky.

"Son? You busy?" Ibrahim poked his head inside his son's room.

"No, dad, come in."

Ibrahim entered the room and stood in front of his son, scrutinizing his face for any sign of indignation.

"Are you upset?" Ibrahim asked.

"I am okay, dad," he answered as he bit his lower lip to hide his disappointment.

"I know you wanted to meet your aunts and uncles, but your bhabi really needs you here," Ibrahim stated apologetically.

"I know, don't worry about it," he answered truthfully.

How badly he wished to go as well, but he knew he couldn't, and for a fair reason.

He would not leave his bhabi home alone in her fragile state for anything.

Ibrahim looked at his son with pride in his eyes.

This young boy in front of him, turning sixteen, reminded Ibrahim of the times when he was just an unruly child.

Now that he looked at him, he could easily see the difference.

His son still had his moments, but when it came to his bhabi, let's just say he was a completely different person.

Ibrahim squeezed his son's shoulder. "Your mom and I are ready. Accompany us to the car?"

"Sure." He stood up from his chair, and both made their way out the door.

Maybe they were not fated to meet right now, but when he would meet her next, he would make sure that the wait was worth it.

What he didn't know was not all waits are worth it, and not all waits bring what you hope for.

********

Maharani Saheba- Queen,a sarcastic term usually used by desi mothers on their lazy daughters.😅

Bhabi- Sister in law, brother's wife

Question time-

1)What do you think of this 'benaam baadshah'?

It means nameless prince.

Shall I tell you a secret? He is nameless because I haven't decided his name! Aha!😝 (Just kidding..😈)

I do have a name in my mind but if you have any suggestions, hit me up! I may change it. *Wink*

Besides that, seems like our girl is in for a surprise considering the benaam badshah is not going to be in the engagement! Aww :(

2)How did you find the chapter?

3)Any questions?

I'm looking forward to all of your feedback dearest readers!😊

VOTE AND COMMENT!
SHOWER SOME LOVE :)

Until next time,
Assalamualaikum wa rahematullahi wa barkatahu,
See you,
Allah hafiz.