Chap. 3: Without Hesitation

*Reader's POV* *gif of Steve Rogers/Captain America*

                             For the entire ride, Violet kept all three of the children on the other side of the aircraft

                             For the entire ride, Violet kept all three of the children on the other side of the aircraft. Away from Bucky. Steve got Violet up to date about what had happened since she went into hiding at the safe house. From Tony creating Ultron, the Maximoff's twins, to the different Avengers facility in upstate New York, and all that leads up to the Civil War that split the team up. When Steve was done talking about it, Violet smirks.
                             She shakes her head, stroking Liberty's head on her lap. "Tony's blind when it comes to protecting the people he cares about. I would know."
                               Steve's voice drops to a mere whisper. "There's something else I have to tell you."
                                 He looks over at a sleeping Bucky. T'Challa is in the pilot seat. Steve knows he's listening in. Violet intertwines her free hand with Steve's.
                                 "After all you've told me, there's more?" She smiles happily up at him.
                                 "After we rescued you and Blue, you told me you thought you may have heard that Buck was being tortured with electroshocks."
                                  "Yeah, so?" Violet says lightly, feeling the roughness of Steve's hand.
                                 "Yeah, so, he was." She looks up at her love, "Buck's done some bad stuff, Violet. But he was so brainwashed that he had no control over what he was doing."
                                  "I know you want me to trust him, but I just can't. Not now." She runs a hand through her sleeping daughters bright blonde hair. "Maybe in time."
                                  "Tony's angry, Violet, because—" Steve searches for his words. "December 16, 1991, HYDRA sent Bucky on a mission."
                                    The date is familiar to Violet, but she can't remember where she heard it before. She thinks hard but comes up with nothing.
                                     "HYDRA had the Winter Solider on a mission to kill both Howard and Maria Stark." Steve's voice is tight, as is Violet's ribcage. "His Highness is going to put Buck under the ice for a year or two in a lab back in Wakanda, just until Buck can get a clearer mind."
                                    "He killed my grandparents?" Violet's voice breaks, removing her hand from Steve's. "Did you know about?"
                                    Steve is quiet for a long time.
                                   "Well, did you?" Violet shouts, scooting away from Steve.
                                   "Yes." Steve closes his eyes, "Violet, please don't turn on me too. Buck had no control over his mind back then."
                                   Violet gives Steve a sharp glare. "And he has a clear mind now?"
                                   Steve groans, leaning his head back in frustration. He had forgotten that Violet and Tony are so much alike. Face and fire.
                                     "Violet, Buck was not in his right mind. You can't blame him for being out of his mind." Steve says annoyed.
                                     "He killed my family, Steve! He killed my grandparents and you expect to tell me now?!" Violet scoffs, "With our children on board? With Carver? I think you've lost your mind—"
                                     "Violet." The tone in Steve's voice shuts Violet up immediately, "I love you. I do, I love you. But I would just as equally die for him as much as I would for you or the kids. He did something lawfully wrong, he did. But he's not the same person he was. He wasn't Buck back then, he was a mindless Solider for HYDRA."
                             A tear falls down Violet's cheek. "Just tell me one thing Steve and I'll support you no matter what you choose. But answer with a true heart. Was choosing Bucky worth what you had for the team?"
                             Without hesitation, Steve answers wholeheartedly.
                              "Yes."
*Gif of Violet Stark*

"*Gif of Violet Stark*