Chap. 6: Liberty's Near Death Experience

*Liberty's POV* *Gif of Liberty*

                           After breakfast, Carver and I headed down to the river with the rest of the women and men

After breakfast, Carver and I headed down to the river with the rest of the women and men. Its sheets washing day, which is worst than laundry day. Having to wash your unmentionables in front of other people in a stream that contains mud and risk some snakes is just another day in South Africa. Carver and I prefer to go to the merchant carts that are lined up right outside the palace. It's nice to interact with other people besides ourselves and the nosy women at the watering hole. A lot has changed since we first got here. Mom cut her long hair and became a Wakandan nurse—or at least that's what the Wakandan Princess appointed her to be. She was assigned to Carver's biological father, who he's not allowed to see.
A couples months after we were here, Carver asked mom about dad's friend. She confessed to us the big secret everyone has been keeping a secret from me. Apparently, Bucky is Carver's dad while Blue and I are dad's. And Bucky is dad's best friend. I knew Carver wasn't my dad's but his childhood best friend from the 1940's? Dang.
Anyhow, when Carver and I made it to our usual spot at the river, there wasn't the usual nosy Wakandan women. Though it was odd, we went about our business. We both grabbed a blanket and a bar of soap, then scrubbed the cloth hard.
"I'm a man, why should I be doing the girls work? This is embarrassing!"
I growl. "Shut up, Carver! You're far form being a man."
We continue to scrub the cloth, plunging it into the water before scrubbing once again. Does normal children in North America have to do this? Papaw never made us do this. But then again, if we had, we would have had to wash our clothes in the sewer drain. The sun beats down on us as it usually does everyday, I wipe my sweaty brow and glance up at that dreadful sun. The thing about a Wakanda is that it's either so foggy you can't see in front of your face or sweat dripping down your butt-crack kind of hot. I miss our little house on the pathetic farm we had. I miss Avengers Tower. Apparently, from what I eavesdropped from Dad and Mom talking, there isn't an Avengers Tower anymore. Just a facility. Whatever that means.
Just as I dunk the cloth into the river, I see a thick black fog in my path.
"What the hell?" I turn to Carver, who I can no longer see. "Carver? Where are you? Where's this fog coming from?"
I strain my eyes at the water, seeing something moving in the water. Carver's voice echoes far away, so far I can barely make out his words. Then I hear the water splashing, feeling the water's ripples wave back onto my shoes. I scoot a little closer to the water, straining even more to see what is now so close to me. Then, suddenly, a bright light blinds me. I shield my eyes but that only makes it worst. And then I see the thing moving in front of me. A crocodile.
The crocodile hisses at me as it lunges towards me. I stumble backwards, scramming at the top of my lungs. The bright light gets brighter, blinding me as I try to escape. The crocodile nearly gets a hold of me but suddenly, two knife like crystals appear in my hands. I cut the croc as it goes to bite my leg, cutting a large chuck out of its head. Blood everywhere.
Suddenly, a Wakandan boy appears. He grabs the croc and tosses it into the river. I crawl backwards, kicking to get away. The boy rushes over through the thick fog and grabs my—my hands are lit up. The boy grabs my elbow, causing me to get a terrible migraine and blurry vision. We run away from the river as fast as we can. Suddenly, the boy grabs my—