7. Tied Up

I sighed as everyone began to sober up, it was 1am. We were kind of just hanging out, most of us on our phones, making slight conversation; we were just tired.

"Yo, we should go now. We got class in the morning." Tyler signaled at the guys. They nodded, getting up and groaning as they headed for the door.

"See y'all tomorrow," Taco spoke, and they all began to leave.

Before shutting the door, Tyler turned around.

"Thanks for letting us chill in here, by the way."
I nodded, as he smiled slyly and walked off.

"Hey, sorry about all that. The high was crazy. See you tomorrow." Rocky grinned, leaving me red faced.
Told you he didn't mean it.
I just didn't want to start falling for him, I had to keep my distance, knowing as how he was literally the school player. But I couldn't help it.

"Hurry up, we need sleep! turn off the light!" Kali and Jorja yelled from the beds, pulling the covers over them.

...

I made my way into the class bright and early in the morning. I was so tired, and my outfit was a mess. Some overalls and a t-shirt underneath with some air forces. My hair was up in a bun, some curls falling into my face.
I sat down on one of the empty seats, as the room slowly started filling up.

"Welcome to Fashion 101, where you'll be learning all about the design, structure, textures, patterns, and everything else in between!" The old lady professor seemed really cool about it.
She had on these huge oval glasses and her own unique style, it was tight.
She started going on and on until someone opened the door abruptly.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," Tyler.

"No worries! go ahead and take a seat next to...that young lady over there!" Great, me.

I looked down, sighing as he came over and set his stuff on the table.

He nudged me.

"Yo are you following me or something?" He half-whispered.

"Nope. Just really like fashion." I smiled, and he laughed a little. Honestly, it wasn't really a surprise he was here.
His style was so indicative of someone that should be in the fashion industry. I admired his sense of style. He wore a crisp green button up with white pants that were cut from the bottom, and some black converse. The orange beanie he wore was kind of distracting too.

"Each week you'll have a project, and at the end, we'll show it off to the class as we critique your work. Alright, let's start off by getting to know each other. This week, your project will be based on each other," The professor fixed her glasses on her nose once more, "That's right. Show off your own personal style. Create an outfit based on what you like, etc. The catch though, will be that your partner will be your model. You will have to base everything on them. Understood?" Everyone nodded, and turned to their partners.

Mine of course, was T.

"Partner." I looked over at him, laughing.

"Nigga, go grab the fabric before they take it all!" He nudged me as I laughed and quickly got up to take some of the fabrics that I could possibly use for my project.
I grabbed a bucket of random stuff and started throwing a bunch of stuff in it; fabric scissors, sewing stuff, textures, all of it.

I came back and set it on the table.

Tyler was already sketching out stuff in this little black journal that seemed really beat up and used.

I sat down, trying to figure out what he was going to end up making.

"Get up," I said, grabbing the measuring tape, "I gotta measure your frame."

"Aight." He got up, and raised his hands to his sides. I laughed, he looked like a little boy, always smiling.

I measured him, and wrote down everything in my notes.

"My turn!" He took the tape from my hands, as he put the pencil behind his ear.
Once he finished, he quickly set the tape down and sat back down on the seat, sketching again.
I did too, and we both drifted into our own worlds.

I looked over at him for some inspiration. I could probably make him some type of coat, and trousers. Like, really go crazy on the outerwear. I didn't realize how much I was examining him before he looked over at me.

"What?" He chuckled.

"Nothing. Just looking for inspiration."