31. End, For Now

"I'm going on tour."

Were the last words Tyler said before leaving. Three more months after he said we would work it out, nothing has changed.
Things got even more complicated; we stopped talking, and it wasn't that we didn't love eachother, it was the conflicting time schedules, the fact that I never saw him, and the fame.
I didn't want to be in the spotlight, it was all too much for myself.
The last straw was him telling me he was going on tour; I knew it just wasn't going to work out, at least for now.

...

It was 5 pm, I was packing my stuff to go back home when a text lit up my phone.

open the door.
-Tyler

Jorja looked at me and smiled, as a knock rang through the dorm. She knew something I didn't.

I opened the door, confused.
Tyler stood there, leaning on the door frame like he used to. My eyes watered as I jumped on him, clinging as if I'd never see him again.

"You came back?!" I smiled, the whole crew coming from behind Tyler.

"I had to. I'm on a break," He kisses my forehead, "I wanted to see you so fucking bad."

Jorja, Syd and Crystal walked in, balloons and cupcakes in hand.

"Y'all knew?!" a wide eyed expression on my face.

"Duh!" Jorja laughed.

"Tyler's album dropped last night, we had to celebrate." Crystal brought in the balloons.

Tyler's Cherry Bomb dropped yesterday night, and we were all in my room the night before when it dropped at midnight. I wished I was there with him, but it was cool to have everyone together on facetime as it dropped.

Anyway, we talked for a while as I sat on Tyler's lap. Fuck, I wanted to be like this with him forever.
A few hours passed and Tyler, Taco, and Jasper all just talked about the fans they've encountered and all the stupid stories that came with it. We laughed, time flew by.

"Can we go outside and talk?" Tyler whispered into my ear as I nodded, getting up as he led the way.
No one noticed as they were all too busy talking and laughing. T shut the door, as we went past the hall, and took the emergency exit stairs up to the rooftop.

We looked down into the campus, Tyler breaking the silence.

"Man, It's all been so crazy. You have no idea how much I kinda hate this shit."

"Hate what?"

"The fame. Annoying ass fans. Sometimes I just wanna run away. If I could just make music and clothes and stuff without being famous or whatever, i'd do anything for that."

We both looked out to the sunset, reminiscing.

"But you're doing what you love, right?"

"Fuck yeah," He laughed.

"Then it's whatever. It comes with it."

"I guess."

I moved closer to him, my hands lingering on his polo. I let my fingers brush on the GOLF embroidery on the front.
My breath hitched as he abruptly pulled me in, his arms surrounding my smaller frame.
I looked up at him, his lips slowly lingering on mine as we kissed, before he pulled away.

"I wanted to come here to tell you in person," He looked down, pausing, "I'm going on tour."

My heart dropped, I knew what that meant.

"Already?"

"In a month. A couple states. For like, three four months."

I sighed, pulling away.

"So I won't see you, huh?" I looked out into the campus.

"Not in person, but facetime—,"

"Tyler, it's not gonna work. I told you before. I don't wanna miss you all the time anymore."

"Me either. I been thinking bout it. You were right," He looked down, fidgeting with his hands.

"A break?" I asked.

"Yeah."

I nodded, I could feel tears forming in my eyes, but I held it in. Knowing this was the last time i'd see him in a long time.

"You don't deserve waiting for me like this. Like, you need someone that'll give you attention, and care. I can't give that shit to you right now–,"

I kissed him one last time, cutting him off.

"I'll see you around," He pulled away, walking off.