Part 5: Lullaby

Tweek was waiting sitting on his bed, he'd have to wait for a long time but he didn't mind. If the underpants gnomes were coming earlier today he had to be ready and show them he was being serious. The knife in his hand gave him some courage, it was a symbol of how far he'd go for Craig and knowing he was waiting for him somewhere was enough to change the usual twitchy spazz into a confident kid determinate to face his worst fears to save his boyfriend.

He scanned the closet, the gnomes used to come out from there every time then climb to the drawers, steal his underwear and run away behind the doors to disappear. They also used to sing a song while working, a song that was stuck into Tweek's brain as a horror lullaby.

"La-la, la-la, la... La, la, la... la-la, la-la-la, la...~"

Tweek hummed the song on a slow and very calm tune, maybe if he called the gnomes with the song they'll come earlier, he didn't know how much time Craig had anyways. The haunting melody that has been tormenting him for years filled the room, his melodious and beautiful voice just empowered the mesmerizing effect in the song.

Craig was terrified, the blond's eyes were still stuck on his hideout while the melody evolved him and took control of all of his senses. Tweek's voice sure was beautiful, the tune coming out his cracked and dry lips felt like chanting some kind of spell on him forcing him to come out but making him too afraid to do it.

Like a hungry siren tempting the last sailor alive to come a little closer to devour him without much effort, Tweek singed a little louder calling out the gnomes without leaving the closet's door out of his gaze.

Bewitched by the angelical yet somehow malevolent voice Craig's clumsy arm hit a box right next to him making a little sound. He gasped but quickly covered his mouth... it was too late anyways.

The singing lips curved up forming a wide smile. Tweek stood slow and calm approaching the closet, his gaze permanently pasted to the little inside he could spot through the door crack. He hold the knife up on a more menacing way and walked without stopping the tune.

They were here, he was so happy the call worked! He'd finally get some information and get Craig back. He was pissed too, this thing had just ruined a marvelous night he could just enjoy sleeping on the safety of Craig's arms instead of stay awake watching for both of them.

The thin line of light sneaking inside the closet from Tweek's room disappeared as the melody got louder and a figure stood in front. A tiny and pale hand with slim fingers traveled all the way down through the door frame.

Tweek had to make sure the gnomes didn't plan something against him, so he checked the door frame for any kind of thread that might activate some kind of trap, from the upper part he could reach all the way down and up once again to his level. He was ready to face the gnomes now. Those tiny creatures he has feared for so many years... this was for Craig.

Craig watched the small hand travel back up, he recognized that hand, that soft hand he has hold so many times and stroke with his thumb when trembling, a shy and fragile hand he has kissed and tangled his own with... the simple idea of touch it now looked like the worst idea in the book of terrible ideas. The tune stopped and Craig's heart almost did too when he watched the gap in the door growing while a cracking sound followed.

The metal shinning with the artificial light was spotted first while the other hand hold it ready to attack any time. Then a beautiful emerald made eye contact with his blue eyes. The door stopped too...

.

.

.

How?... Why!?... Tweek asked himself as he witnessed perplexed at what was behind the door. It totally seemed like Craig! Those blue eyes, that white and perfect skin, those pink beautiful lips the black raven hair and the symbolic blue chulo hat and blue clothes... It couldn't be... There was no reason to Craig to be there! Much less to be surrounded by Tweek's clothes and even less...! That box resting next his right arm containing his brand new underwear he forgot to organize with the rest.