Christmas | The Originals

Warnings: mention of death, sad to happy (and semi-edited)

     You woke up on the morning of Christmas Eve in the same spot you had fallen asleep on your couch. The house was silent. No ornaments hung on the tree, you could barely look at them without thinking of your now-dead family.

It was only a month ago when your family was killed by a drunk driver.

You were invited by the Mikaelsons to their Christmas Eve ball and they practically made you go. Rebekah brought you over a dress and helped you get ready.

When you arrived at the house with Rebekah she went off to god knows where and you were left to talk to people. And once you said hello to everyone in the house, you tried to find one of the Mikaelson siblings but they were nowhere to be found. You couldn't deal with the amount of people in the house and you felt like you were suffocating, so you went home.

When you got home you made your way to your bedroom. You took off the dress that you wearing and discarded it to the side. You put on some more comfortable clothes which consisted of some pj bottoms and an old T-shirt.

You laid down on your bed, just wishing it wasn't Christmas tomorrow. You wished if you fell asleep you would never wake up. You closed your eyes and prayed your wish would come true.

     The next morning you awoken from your sleep by the smell of something delicious wafting through your home. You sat up in your bed as realization settled in, you made it through the night. Your wish didn't come true. A tear falls down your cheek and you reach up to wipe it away.

You stand up from your bed ignoring the feeling of dread that filled your body as you started today. And as you were grabbing your sweater that laid on top of your desk's chair, you heard a voice coming from downstairs. No wait, scrap that, multiple voices.

You peered outside your bedroom window and didn't see any cars except your own.

You grab your phone and put it into your sweater pocket before quietly leaving the room and going downstairs where you find the entire house decorated with Christmas decorations. You glanced into the living room confused and found presents under the tree and stuff in stockings. The room across the hallway was the dining room. There were a bunch of breakfast foods set up to eat.

You walk into the kitchen and you find the Mikaelson siblings making breakfast.

"What's going on?" you asked, not sure on how to feel about them breaking into your house without you knowing.

"Well we've all noticed you didn't have much decorations up nor did you have anyone to celebrate Christmas with so we brought Christmas to you," Kol said with a smirk on his face. A smile broke out on your face. Rebekah walked towards you as you still stood in the kitchens doorway, "also, don't think we didn't notice you leave the ball last night because we all watched you."

"I suppose it's a bit too late but you guys don't have to do this. I didn't even get you guys anything because I've been so distracted by stuff."

"Don't worry about it, Y/N, we've got it all planned out. Just go sit down and let us serve you breakfast," Elijah told you from the other side of the kitchen as he flipped a chocolate chip pancake.

You knew better then to fight with the Mikaelsons, they would get their way but they were different with you. You and Niklaus were still trying to figure out what this thing was between you both. You guys both liked each other but you weren't sure on what to do about it. And his siblings were like family to you. So you knew that whatever happened, you'd still have their support.

You made your way to the dining room and sat down just as Elijah brought out the last of the pancakes and bacon. Your mouth watered as you saw everything.

Rebekah and Niklaus sat down on either side of you and Elijah and Kol sat down in front of you three.

You were the first to start putting things on your plate before you dug into the food on your plate.

     After breakfast was finished, you helped the siblings put any left overs into containers and into the fridge. The five of you then made your way into the living room and sat down around the room. You were passed your stocking that had your name on it and the others grabbed theirs too.

Inside your stocking there was mostly chocolate and candy and you weren't complaining one bit because you loved eating both things.

Afterwards, Kol passed out everyone a gift and we took turns opening our things. You watched as the Mikaelsons opened their gifts before it was your turn. You unwrapped the gift and saw a box. You opened it and found a few t-shirts. One of them was a supernatural shirt which was your favourite tv show. Another was a doctor who shirt which was another one of your favourite tv shows. And then you found a piece of paper below them.

You unfolded it and read it before gasping as you realized what it was. You looked at the siblings, "who got me this?" you asked as you held up the paper. You were holding a ticket to go to a Supernatural convention in New Orleans.

Everyone looked at Niklaus who raised his hand. You pushed the shirts off your lap and ran over to him. You wrapped your arms around his neck as you thanked him.

As you pulled away he gave you a kiss on your cheek making you blush.

After present opening you were back in bed, still tired. A sudden knock caught your attention as you gazed outside your window.

"Come in," you spoke as you glanced over to the door. The door opened and Niklaus walked in, that's when you saw a small box in his hand. You sat up as he sat down next to you and gave you the box. You looked at Niklaus confused but unwrapped the box anyways. You opened the box and were taken away by the question that was written on the simple white paper. Tears gazed in your eyes, you looked up at Niklaus as you started nodding your head eagerly. He had asked you to be his girlfriend. He planted his lips on yours and you smiled as you melted into the kiss.