10. Robot

1068, as squeaky and bubbly as ever, bounced towards 9041. "Heyyyy! There's this awesome new song that you should hear!" Before 9041 could react, 1068 had already started playing the song.

If robots could frown, 9041 certainly would, but it was a robot, and no specialised body parts had been constructed for making facial expressions. Nevertheless, it disapproved of 1068's taste in music.

"We are robots. We have been created for a purpose. The human's stereotypes of robots do not apply to us as in their world and imagination, robots are horrible, nasty beings. We have not been made to be vulnerable or lovable; we have been made to do our jobs."

1068 stared at 9041, nonexistent tears welling in its nonexistent heart. "But... but... we can try to be nice, to be human!" it cried.

"Humans are inferior. We are robots, created by the humans who were determined to surpass their imperfections. The humans have created beings of pure thought and logic, thus robots will always make the best decisions."

"We aren't robots!" 1068 cried passionately. "I mean, we are robots, but we don't have to be robot in the human sense! We can be nice people and make this world a better place! And the human one, too!"

Smoke started spewing out of the joints in 1068's metal body under the fire of its forceful passion. Then its body parts fell apart and dropped uselessly onto the ground.

"Good riddance. Now I can go back to work."