chapter eight

trigger warning for this chapter. i dont really want to spoil it, but ill put a brief summary at the end of this chapter in case you decide to skip it.

Patrick couldn't help but feel like this whole thing was his fault. To be fair, he was the one who told Bob about Pete and Mikey's relationship, one they had specifically asked him to keep a secret. Before we get into why he told, though, we need to talk about Bob.

Bob was an interesting guy. He didn't really seem to have any redeeming qualities, but everyone put up with him anyway for whatever reason. His negative qualities where abundant, but so minuscule none where really worth disliking him for. They added up, though, making him an all around annoying person who just rubbed everyone the wrong way and no one could exactly pinpoint why. He was often snarky and sarcastic, but not in the funny way. He was the human equivalent off a lollipop that you know could very well give you cancer one day and you can just taste the artificial colors and flavors. Needless to say, Bob was never really close with anyone around the office.

Now, Bob had wanted a promotion for a long time. He wanted up a notch. Unfortunately for Pete, he just so happened to have the next highest job up. One thing that was undeniable about Bob is that he was good at his job. His short tempered and aggressive nature may not have been good for his social life, but he was undeniably a very hard working employee, so if Pete were gone, there was no doubt who'd get his old job. Double unfortunate for Pete, Bob knew he was hiding something and knew just who to ask.

The scene unfolded like this: Patrick was alone at his desk, working. Suddenly, he heard a voice behind him. Sharp and conniving, Patrick knew this voice well.

"Hey there, Pat, how have you been buddy?" Patrick closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"I'm fine, Bob. But please, don't call me Pat."

"Oh, I'll call you whatever I want. Listen buddy, I want you and I to take a little walk." Bob put his hands on Patricks shoulders. "Just you and me. I think we need to have a chat." Patrick's heart began to race. 

"No, I think I just want to stay here," Patrick said, trying to get back to his work and ignore Bob. Bob leaned in real close and whispered, "That wasn't a question." Bob headed for the back door.

"Hurry up, I don't have all day," said Bob. Patrick followed him reluctantly.

The backside of the building was an alleyway. Since it was daytime, it was still bright, but no one ever went back there except for the occasional smoker taking a quick break. The heavy metal door slammed loudly behind the two, causing Patrick to jump slightly.

"So, Patrick," Bob put his arm around Patricks waist, forcing him to follow him, "You know something I don't-"

"Yeah, well its because you suck!" Patrick yelled and tried to pull away, but Bob only tightened his grip and laughed. 

"Oh, don't test me Patrick. I have ways of getting what I want. Now, as I was saying before you so rudely interrupted me, you know something I don't. But I want to know it, so you're going to tell me. Now," Bob moved his hand lower down Patricks back and grabbed his ass, "I know Pete's hiding something. Do me a favor and tell me, and please, do it quick," Bob demanded, visibly annoyed.

"N-no!" Patrick exclaimed, managing to break free. His freedom only lasted a second though, as Bob grabbed him again and pinned him against the wall. 

"You're such a pretty boy, you know that, Patrick?" Bob whispered in his ear.

"Get off of me!" Patrick yelled tried to break away, but Bob was much bigger than him. He put a hand over his mouth.

"You know, I don't really think I want to." Bob placed his other hand back on his ass. Patrick tried to tell him to stop, but he still had his other hand over his mouth. Things proceeded to escalate from there, and its probably not best to go to in to detail. What had started as a threatening interrogation had turned into something much, much worse. In the end, Bob ending up getting what he wanted from Patrick as well as figuring out about Pete's secret relationship and ending up walking out of that alley relatively content with himself. Patrick, on the other hand, was beginning to fall apart. Bob left him in that alleyway, choking back tears, and only said two things: "You aren't going to tell anyone about this" and "I can't wait for round two".

Patrick tried not to think about what happened that day. How horrible he felt. How used he felt. How Bob had left him there, a wreck, like a broken piece of fine China he had just utterly destroyed and couldn't care less about. He felt shattered and irredeemable. 

On top of it all, Pete and Mikey fought and broke up, and he felt like it was all his fault. His head was spinning a million miles an hour, but he still painted on a bright and happy face like nothing was wrong. Deep down inside, though, all he could think about was those last two things Bob had said to him. You aren't going to tell anyone about this. Can't wait for round two. 

He saw Bob at work the next day. He ran to the bathroom and cried. He avoided him at all costs. He clung to Frank, never wanting to leave his side, fearing it could happen again. He waited for Bob to leave before he left. He never felt truly safe. His life felt like it was falling to pieces. He constantly had this sinking feeling in his chest. You aren't going to tell anyone about this. Can't wait for round two.

summary: basically bob takes patrick back into an alleyway to try and get some dirt on pete but ends up changing plans and gets a little too handsy with patrick and... well... does some non consensual stuff. also he gets the dirt on pete too.

that was... dark. i wasn't planning on that happening until it did. yeah, sorry for this one.