chapter four

After physics, you meet MJ in the cafeteria for lunch. She points you to the food. You get a bottle of juice and some chicken nuggets.
"Are you gonna eat?" You ask MJ.
"Nah, this food sucks," She replies simply.

Across from you is MJ, and a few feet to your left are two boys gawking at a girl hanging a banner, "Liz."
"We should probably stop staring before it gets creepy." You recognize the speaker as the boy who held the door for you this morning.
"Too late. You guys are losers," MJ speaks, looking up from her book.
"Well then, why do you sit with us?" The larger boy asks. "Hey, I thought you didn't have any friends."
"I didn't. This is (Y/N)," MJ replies without answering the first question.
"I'm Ned."
The boy next to Ned looks over at you for the first time. When he sees your face, his eyes grow large for a fraction of a second.
"I'm Peter."
"So, you're new here?" Ned inquires.
"Yeah, I'm from...New Jersey."

As you were packing your books from English, your last class, you saw Peter rushing through the hall. He's obviously eager to leave. You pass MJ on the sidewalk outside.
"See you tomorrow," She calls.
"Yeah."

After dropping your backpack in your room, you head to the training room. After testing the punching bag for about twenty minutes, you work on your legs. Running on the treadmill, you play Bruno Mars, Twenty One Pilots, and Elvis on your iPhone, with the volume all the way up. One good thing about being the only one training is that you don't have to wear earbuds.

You feel someone slightly touch the back of your shoulder. Startled, you spin around and throw your fist at Vision. Strangely, your hand went through his abdomen.
"Sorry. Reflexes." You turn to switch the treadmill and your music off.
"Dinner is ready upstairs."
"Oh, thanks. What are we having?" Gathering your phone and water bottle, you follow Vision.
"Pizza."
"Sweet!"

After six pieces of pepperoni pizza and a warm shower, you go to bed. Since it was such an exciting day, you sleep like a rock.

Tuesday morning, your classes feel much longer. Yesterday was exciting, starting a new grade and meeting new people. Today is exhausting, learning so much new information. Social studies, science, and algebra seem to go on forever. But, once they're finished, you get to do PE, something you're actually great at.

Coach Wilson stands by a TV while everyone sits on the bleachers. You subtly play Subway Surfer on your phone.
"Hi." Your head shoots up, and you gasp loudly as you hear the voice of your father. You then see that Steve's voice is coming from the television that reads, "Captain America's Fitness Challenge." You notice Peter, sitting a few rows ahead of you, looking at you with a suspicious look. He turns away slowly as Ned begins speaking to him.
"Whether you're in the classroom or on the battlefield, fitness can be the difference between success and failure," Steve continues on the video, and you remember how much you miss him and Bucky. "Today, my good friend, your gym teacher, will be conducting the Captain America Fitness Challenge."
"Thank you, Captain," Coach Wilson speaks as the TV shows that we will be doing sit-ups, your favorite. "Pretty sure this guy's a war criminal now, but whatever; I have to show these videos. It's required by the state. Let's do it."