Chapter 1 - Time's Up

NOTE: kairasluvssonic and I had the same idea for a Sonic Forces fanfic, but they posted theirs first! Go and see it! It's an amazing story! <3 Anyway, enjoy the fanfic!

Tails' Perspective
It was hard to keep up with how fast Sonic was being kicked.
I started to panic. But I couldn't give up now.
I tried to scan the "thing" again, but the readings stayed the same. What was it?
"Running out of time here, Tails!" Sonic yelled.
You can say that again.
I tried scanning again.
Same result.
Sonic fell on the hard ground right in front of my eyes. What do you know? You got the front row seats of your friend's defeat! I could hear Eggman say.
Sonic trembled as he tried to get up. I could only watch in horror.
Then his shaky arms gave way, and he fell. I knew this was the end. Maybe there were some battles that couldn't be won after all.
I cried out to him. He didn't respond. He just lied there, limp and almost lifeless.
The tears almost came, but I couldn't cry. Not in front of Eggman. Not in front of that... thing.
The unknown figure hovered to Sonic and grabbed him by a quill. Eggman laughed that horrible laugh.
"Go ahead, Tails! Tell everyone how their blue hero finally DIED!" Eggman yelled, seemingly at the world, rather than at me.
Died? Sonic's... gone? My best friend... is gone.
Out came the tears. Before I could cry out loud, I dashed off.