Chapter 2 - Hopelessness

Sonic's Perspective
I was too slow.
I was being kicked too fast that I couldn't react back. I didn't know where I was, I didn't know how they did it. All I knew was that it HURT. I could only call for help.
"Running out of time here, Tails!" I called.
Another kick on my back. The breath was knocked out of me. Ouch.
I shouldn't have called for Tails. He could get himself hurt. I didn't want that. So I knew it was no use.
I didn't fight back. I was too tired anyways. They can hurt me, but not Tails.
Thankfully, it was only one more kick. But that one hurt the most. It was probably from that dark figure. I fell onto the ground. I could only cry out. It hurt so much.
I tried to get up. It was like a boulder was on top of me.
Eventually, I gave up. All of my strength was drained. I could barely keep my eyes open, even a little.
I heard Tails call my name from behind me, but it felt like he was miles away. (No pun intended.)
I wished I could answer back. I wished I could tell him that I'll be alright, but I couldn't. Quiet, failed attempts to talk came out of my mouth instead.
Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. Sorry Tails. I knew I was on a mission, but I needed this nap so much...

Tails' Perspective
I ran quite a long way. I didn't care. I could've flown here, but I didn't want to look slow compared to the creature that defeated Sonic.
I was panting hard once I reached the others. More like choking on my tears.
"Sonic..." I wheezed, with my hands on my knees.
"What about Sonic? Tails? Are you okay?!" Knuckles asked, running up to me.
"Sonic... is..." I managed to say in between gulps for air.
"Yes?!"
Amy and a few others went up to me, concerned.
"Sonic is... gone...!" I cried, breaking down.
I could barely hear Amy gasp over my sobs.
A millisecond later, she joined me.
Somebody patted my back. Probably Knuckles.
Chatter was everywhere. Some sad, some angry. A voice a lot like Silver's cried over the commotion, "Eggman will pay for this!"
Soon, it grew silent. Sadness hung over everyone. Only my sobs and Amy's loud bawling could be heard.

A few days after that, I couldn't eat. There were too much chili dogs in the pantry. I couldn't sleep. I'd always dream of that same scene in my head again and again. So I always stayed up, weeping. Amy would come in sometimes to comfort me, or simply cry with me. Sometimes, Knuckles would come in too. We might've woken him up, but he doesn't seem to mind. I don't think he was able to sleep that well either.
Later, though, Knuckles grew busy trying to gather "The Resistance," saying that Eggman was taking over most of the world. I didn't want to believe him, so I didn't. A few days later, Amy joined him. Soon, everyone was busy trying to avenge Sonic. Then I started to believe that Eggman was taking over the world. He was probably eliminating and imprisoning more soldiers by the minute.
One soldier asked me if I was going to help with the war effort, but I wouldn't budge, and nobody bothered to push me. Some would say that I'm in too poor of a condition to fight.

I didn't want to join the Resistance.
I didn't want to take revenge.
I didn't want to defeat Eggman.
I didn't want to help save the world.
Without Sonic, it all just seemed hopeless.