Chapter 3 - Trapped

Sonic's Perspective
It took me a while to even try to get up. I enjoyed that well-deserved nap. Except, I was bruised from that butt-kicking and I felt like I had been thrown a few minutes earlier.

I slowly sat up and realized how cold the floor was. Or, rather, the chair I was sitting in.
I looked around. There was nothing but darkness and walls. Boring.
When I turned and saw the gate, it was then I realized. I was in a cell.
When I looked down, I saw that my wrists and feet have been bonded together with bright blue cuffs. Oh great.
I didn't even try to check what was outside the cell. If I did, I'd have to hop there. Embarrassing.
All I could do was sit.
A few minutes later, I couldn't stand it. I couldn't even walk around in this cell. Then why was it so big? I could talk to myself. But I'm sure they could hear and see everything I do, so I didn't even bother. Geez, I couldn't even tap my foot.
As if I wasn't tortured enough, Eggman and his crew walked up to my cell.
"How is your new home, Sonic?" Eggman grinned under his mustache.
"It's great! Nice and comfortable! I don't even wanna move! Heh, not like I could," I answered, smirking back.
"Oh, don't worry, Sonic. You'll be able to move..." Eggman said as the blue rings disappeared. "... if you can keep up with them."
Suddenly, I was kicked again. On the back. But it just stopped hurting!
This time, I learned to land on my feet. When I got back up, I noticed that Shadow, Metal, Chaos, and Zavok made it in. If only I knew, I would've escaped!
I dodged a few attacks, but soon, I was being thrown around again. The good thing was that I found this as an opportunity to do a homing attack on them. I managed to hit Chaos and Metal, but Shadow knew better. He roundhouse kicked me on the head. How does he do that so well?
I collided with a wall and slid onto the floor. Fortunately, I was able to get up easily.
"Having fun?" Eggman laughed.
"Definitely!" I answered honestly. This could be practice for me. "And hey, where is that other friend of yours—"
As I was caught off guard, Zavok found a chance to punch me. It was enough to make me confused for a while. Then I was being kicked again.
"Where are your friends, I must ask!" Eggman answered. "Probably crying over the blue rat they call a hero!"
This time, I tried to evade the attacks. It was good for a while, but eventually I got knocked to the ground. I wasn't as injured as before, but it still hurt enough to keep me down.
Seeing my efforts to get up, Eggman said, "Cheer up, Sonic! This won't be your permanent home. Once I take over the world, you'll be living in space!"
He added with a cackle, "Well... not for long."
I glared at Eggman as he walked away, laughing.
"I'd rather stay here, thanks!" I called to him. I couldn't come up with much jokes at that moment.
The others were strangely already out of the cell. I missed the opportunity again!
"Hey Shadow! Why are you helping them?" I yelled.
"That's none of your concern," he answered without turning to me.
Soon, they all left.
I got up and leaned against the wall. My back was killing me. Eggman's going to take over the world? He says that every time, so I don't think it'll be so bad.
But he's going to send me off into space? Now that's different.
I also wondered why Shadow would want to join Eggman's side. It doesn't make sense!
I hoped that my friends were alright. Especially Tails. He's too young to think that I'm...
I wish they'd know that I'm okay. I can get out of here, no problem! I just have to wait for the right moment.