Chapter II - Just Missed Me

Y'all I'm upset and I need to be distracted tell me some funny stories pls

*****

also ik that photo isn't Bakugou but it's helping me feel somewhat better so have it and cherish it

*****

Present day...
(Y/n) had just left work, and damn was she tired. Her boss had been giving her a hard time the entire day, and it was only her and her coworker at the coffee shop that day. The coffee shop had unfortunately been very busy that day. It didn't help that about an hour and a half before closing, her boss had left early and basically said "I trust you two can close up properly!" and left with those words.

(Y/n) and her coworker looked at each other like "Is he freaking kidding us?!". Needless to say, both (y/n) and her coworker had to deal with quite a lot of costumers that day, a handful of them angry at the lack of speedy service. (Y/n) and her coworker wanted to choke some of the particularly rude costumers, but they knew they couldn't do that, so they had to keep everything inside and put on the best smile they can muster while staying as calm as possible.

As (y/n) semi-dragged her feet as she could feel her eyelids starting to droop, she came across a bar. It was a small corner bar, but she deemed it suitable enough for her wants. With tired and aching feet, she stepped inside and sat herself down in the first barstool she saw at the bar. She rested her head in the palm of her left hand as her other hand rested on the counter as she finally let her eyelids close.

"Excuse me ma'am, are you ok? You're looking extremely tired." (Y/n) soon heard a voice say.

Without opening her eyes, she chuckled. "Saying I'm extremely tired is an understatement."

"What happened?" She heard another voice say.

"My boss left me and my coworker to deal with a very busy coffee shop all day today basically..."

"Just you and your coworker? Man, that's gotta be rough. I'm sorry. Can I buy you a drink? Maybe a little alcohol in your system can help?"

(Y/n) forced her eyes open to look at the stranger who requested to by her a drink. She noticed how he had red spiky hair, and he was looking at her with curious red eyes.

"That'd be great actually. I don't normally accept drinks from people I don't know but I trust you. And besides, I'm running on practically nothing right now so anything at this point sounds nice," She sighed.

"Name's Kirishima by the way, and he's Kaminari." The red haired male said as he pointed to his friend on his right. "What kind of drink do you like?"

(Y/n) smiled as she stared down at the counter in thought. "Moscow Mule please." She said after about 10 seconds.

Kirishima returned her smile as he turned to the bartender and asked for her drink to be made.

"I'm sorry, I completely forgot to introduce myself. I'm (y/n). Not like it's a name to remember tho." She sullenly smiled as she lifted her head and straightened her back.

Kirishima and Kaminari looked at each other. "What do you mean by that?" Kaminari asked.

"Well, I have a quirk, but I never had the desire to be a hero, and so practically everyone I come across automatically presumes I'm quirkless since I'm working a "normal job". I'm just another forgettable face in the crowd I guess. But, my job is enough to get me by, so I'm not complaining."

"Awh c'mon, don't say that. I'm sure you're very important to a lot of people." Kirishima told her as he fought off the urge to put his hand on her back and comfort her.

(Y/n) scoffed as she playfully rolled her eyes. "Yeah, to maybe like... Six people."

"Well still, six is better than none." Kaminari admitted as the bartender got finished making her drink. Kirishima had put the money down on the counter for the bartender to take as (y/n) took the drink and took a long sip from it.

"Yeah I guess. A-Also, I've been meaning to ask this. I'm not interrupting anything, am I? You two seem like you're together and you're waiting for someone else,"

"Well, yes, but he's off busy being a hero." Kirishima cheekily smiled as he shrugged.

"A hero?" (Y/n) questioned. His words had caught her attention as it prompted her to put her mug down.

"Yeah! Actually we're both heroes too!" Kaminari smiled brightly.

(Y/n) raised her eyebrow in confusion before gasping as she widened her eyes. "Oh my gosh I'm so dumb! How could I not remember about two of the most well known heroes! Red Riot and Chargebolt right?!"

"That's us!" Kaminari said as they proudly smiled. "Also, if you don't mind me asking, what's that scarf for?"

(Y/n) looked down at her neck and saw the (f/c) ribbon wrapped around it, with the trails flowing down to her collar bones.

Oh. That scarf.

"Ah... It's um... I'm also an omega, but I'm not really in the mood to find my "mate", so I wear the scarf so other alphas and betas can't scent me. Makes my days a lot more easier if I don't have males lusting over me everytime they look at me," She paused as she realized she's talking to two males currently. "I'm sorry I meant like-"

"It's okay, we know what you meant. It's not exactly easy ourselves to find our mates since we're so busy being heroes." Kirishima smiled as he waved off her apology.

"I mean... It's not like I never want to find my mate, it's just that I'm 22, and I have plenty more years to find one. So I'm not gonna worry about the small things right now." (Y/n) sighed. She looked up at the clock in the bar and noticed it was nearing 10 o'clock at night. "I am so sorry but I have to leave now. My roommate is probably wondering where I've been. It was an honor meeting you two and I wish you the best in your hero-ing endeavors!"

Kirishima and Kaminari watched as the girl gathered her things and practically rushed out of the bar. "She was nice. I hope we meet her again." Kirishima said as a blush spread on his cheeks. Whether it was from the girl or the alcohol, he didn't know.

"Let's not hope it's when we're heroes tho..." Kaminari quietly said as he stared at the counter.

After waiting about 30 seconds, the bell attached to the door chimed, signaling a new customer had walked in. "Finally Bakubro! We were wondering what took you so long!"

"Some mother lost her kid and wanted me to help her find him. Turns out the little brat fell asleep in a tree somewhere in a park."

The three broke out into a fit of laughter as the imagined the situation.

"Anyways let's get some drinks. I think I deserve one at this point."

*****
(a/n: my life is insanely hectic rn and I'm going through another writer's block. I've been meaning to publish this yesterday and I'm so sorry I didn't. I feel like I could sleep for an eternity, that's how tired I am.)
Word count: 1247
-unedited-