He Smiled😍

You had joined Chris's team about 9 months ago when they found you in your home town(which you had been surviving in since childhood)and took you in, and trained you to work with the team. You had a lot of trouble cause you had been on your on for so long and trusted no one, you didn't even want to try(you and Chris butted heads thru out your training)but that was cause you both were so stubborn that it was the roughest training in BSAA history. But on this last mission something happened that changed both yours and his thoughts and feelings towards each other, it was the most unexpected and most simple little thing(some may call it silly even)but it changed things for the both of you. The mission was a recon on a town full on G-virus infected people but the rumor was that there were immune survivors and it was the teams job to corroborate the rumors and if true, safely take them to a safe haven. There were 6 of you and Chris had everyone split up into teams of 2. He took you cause he didn't trust you to work with the others(especially since you still wanted to work solo cause you still didn't completely trust anyone)so he took you to keep an eye in you. You both were on the east side of the town near some shopping plazas with different little stores, shops and even a grocery store. Chris went into a knick knack shop and you went into the grocery store, it was a to quiet for your liking and more the usual in infected towns. You looked carefully and quietly until you heard a low whimper in the back of the store, you radioed Chris and told him to be careful and to stay away in case of the infected attack.(but he didn't listen cause he didn't want you to get hurt or infected) but you didn't know he was coming cause you didn't think he heard you with all the static. You went to the back room where the merchandise and employees usual worked, you kept hearing the low whimper but couldn't make out what or who was making it, as you made your way thru the back the whimper got louder and clear till you found it was a little girl about 8yrs old crying cause her leg was cut up bad(it was wrapped poorly but the girl tried her best for being on her own). She was scared at first till you explained that you and the team were here to save her and any other survivors. She calmed down a little till you both heard foot steps coming close to both of you. You grabbed the girl and carried her quietly out of the backroom to the frontend, as you made your way out you saw infected walking outside the store and weren't leaving as quickly as you would've liked. You sat the girl down and radioed for back up, but no one could hear you cause the interference due to the building. So you tried to find a way out safely for the little girl's sake otherwise you just shot your way out. But just as you were about to look around Chris stopped you and said he already had a look around and knows how to get out without putting anyone in danger. You grabbed the girl and he led the way back to the backroom(he said one of the loading bay areas was all clear) so all of you hurried to it. But when you got there the infected were outside the door (you could hear them) so it seemed hopeless to get out quietly and safely(gun fire draws the infected)and neither of you wanted to risk it, especially with the injured girl. So you told Chris that you draw them away while he got the girl to safety, he protested harshly cause he didn't want to loose anyone or risk more then what was needed. You told him no and that this wasn't you trying to be a hero or to prove yourself or to satisfy your ego, but that it was to save the girl and get her medical attention. And with that you went out a side door and lead the infected away from them and further into town(which was dangerous cause that's where the horde of infected was)but you didn't care, as long as Chris and the girl got out safe that's all that matter. You got to the middle of town and hid behind a junked vehicle to keep the horde from seeing you (even though you knew you were going to die or get infect)you were still relieved that the girl was safe(cause you knew from experience how hard it is on kids)but just as the horde was about to find you, you heard a loud rumbling sound coming from the west headed towards you. You got loaded up and prepared for whatever was going to happen....that is until you heard Chris over the radio asking where you were and to be ready to get in the vehicle. You told him and got ready, as they shot and drove over many infected to get to you and when they did Chris opened the door and told you to get in, you ran and jumped in landing on Chris and yelled for them to drive as the door was closed by Damian(an Agent of the BSAA and teammate) For some odd reason Chris held you tighter and longer then you expected, but as you started to get up you both looked at each other with blank expressions and then he just smile(you weren't sure what to say or do)but you smiled back and stared into each others eyes. Until Damian made a joke about you 2 falling for each other and ruined the moment. You went to the little girl to see how she was doing, she smiled and giggled when you got to her, so you asked her what was so funny? And she leaned to your ear and whispered that your captain was in love with you and she thought it was adorably funny. You shook your head in disagreement and then looked at Chris again and smiled a little as you stared at him and then you looked away and thought: well may be he isn't as bad as you thought. Which may have just opened a door of opportunities and possibilities. What a wonderful thought of finally not being alone anymore.

(Sorry for the bad plot, but I hope you all like it a little. Please a comment, tip or advise. I welcome the help)