The day he realized he loved you

🎶Lyin' here with you so close to meIt's hard to fight these feelingsWhen it feels so hard to breatheI'm caught up in this momentCaught up in your smile🎶

It's hard to fight these feelings
When it feels so hard to breathe
I'm caught up in this moment
Caught up in your smile🎶

You and Chris had been working together for almost 7yrs and became the best of friends and partners, you both were always found together training, sparring, reading and writing mission briefs, you both were inseparable

🎶I've never opened up to anyone
So hard to hold back
When I’m holding you in my arms
We don't need to rush this
Let's just take this slow🎶

At first you hated each other; he hated you cause he didn't want anyone to replace Jill and you cause of how rude and arrogant he was towards you, but after a few missions the trust was built and the friendship was born. He even explained why he hated you at first(which he never told anyone)and you explained why he drove you insane with frustration and anger, which made you both realize that it wasn't the other person fault, it was each others own fault. And so began the bond that lasted, never wavered, never changed and remained strong no matter what.

🎶Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch in the fire burnin' so bright
No, I don't wanna mess this thing up
No, I don't wanna push too far
Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I’ve been waiting for my whole life
So baby I’m alright, with just a kiss goodnight🎶

But after one mission, one mission that changed everything, that made him and you realize that both of your feelings were much deeper then either of you realized. The mission was an undercover mission that went south thanks to a mole in the B.S.A.A that nearly got you killed, since you had to get close to the Buyer Matt Cranston that was wanting to purchase a B.O.W(aka biohazard weapon) virus that was new to the black market and the BSAA wanted the Creator, the Seller and the Buyer.
Chris didn't like or want to put you in that danger but orders are orders and in the end it all came together, he saved your life, you guys destroyed the virus and arrested the bad guys and saved the world again.

🎶I know that if we give this a little time
It’ll only bring us closer
To the love we wanna find
It's never felt so real,
No it's never felt so right🎶

But during mission Chris felt something he never thought he would ever feel, an emotion that he vowed never to show or feel with anyone...but some how you changed that, your loving, caring nature, your big and strong heart, your brave character that may have appeared to be fearless but wasn't and yet you never ran away and always put others first before yourself and cared deeply for friends and family made in the BSAA and the willingness to give your life to save or protect those friends and family, to protect the innocent lives that were in danger. He saw someone he never thought existed, someone he only thought existed in fairytales and stories...but was proven wrong in a good way.

🎶Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch in the fire burnin' so bright
No, I don't wanna mess this thing up
No, I don't wanna push too far
Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I’ve been waiting for my whole life
So baby I’m alright, with just a kiss goodnight🎶

He wasn't sure if he was right about his feelings until he thought your were going to die, when he saw your beaten, bruised and blood body lying on the floor of a warehouse where they found you and the virus. That was what made he realise he couldn't loose you and that he couldn't hide it, the truth had to come out before it caused problems in the field on the next mission.
So he found the courage to go tell you after Rebecca had gotten you patched you and stable.  He went to the infirmary to talk to you, to confess his love for you to see if you would reject him or feel the same way.

🎶No I don't wanna say goodnight
I know it's time to leave,
But you’ll be in my dreams
Tonight
Tonight
Tonight🎶

He built up enough courage to go but when he saw you laying in the infirmary hurt and bruised he lost it, he couldn't stand to see you like that, he couldn't stand the thought of one day loosing you and with all those thoughts he was about to walk to the directors office to request a transfer when you had heard him come in(you could recognize the sound of his walk anywhere)and told him to stay. He froze for a minute but then turned back to walk to you. He asked the usual questions like "how were you feeling?" and "was there anything you needed?" but you had noticed he was off, acting different and it concerned you. You asked him what was wrong and he said it was nothing, which you knew it was a lie and told him to be honest with you. like you both had promised each other years ago. He found some courage and blurted out his feelings and love for you and was about to walk away before you could answer him, when you grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back. You told him to come close cause you wanted to tell him a secret, he did as you wished until he close enough for you to whisper in his ear, but that was not what happened, you had slipped your hand behind his head and pulled him in for a passionate kiss of love, he was shocked beyond belief but then he kissed you back with no hesitation or fear or doubt, just love.

🎶Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch in the fire burnin' so bright
No, I don't wanna mess this thing up
I don't wanna push too far
Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I’ve been waiting for my whole life
So baby I’m alright 🎶

You both pulled away and he rested his forehead on yours and just stared into your eyes with love and happiness and a little confusion which made him ask "so does this mean you feel the same way?" you got a sneaky smirk on your face and replied "hmm? I'm not sure yet, lets try that again. " you pulled him in for another kiss and pulled away saying "yup, I do." then winked at him which made him chuckle at your deviousness but he couldn't help but ask one more question that you never expected to hear come him, he asked "why me?" and you smiled with this reply "because you are the one man to love just as I am, to care for me but still lets me do a job that i want to do even though it is dangerous but knows I can take care of myself and can handle the job, because even though you want to protect me, you know you don't want to force me to change or to stop doing this job. You love me enough to let me fight with you to save lives no matter the cost. You are more then I deserve Chris."  He smiled with watery eyes then kissed your tear stained cheek and said "looks like we both thought the same thing, it must be destiny. " you hit his shoulder for saying such a cheesy line but then laughed at his hidden humor.

🎶Let’s do this right
With just a kiss goodnight
With a kiss goodnight
Kiss goodnight🎶

And lets just say from that day on you both were a force not to be reckoned with cause no one could stop you two from saving the lives and each other.

(P.S. And yes you both got married and made family of little BSAA soldiers and just for fun, you named one of your kids after Leon 😜 Hee Hee)

(Hope everyone likes it)

Bonus song(And thank you Arden B. Cho for the songs the inspired this story and many others)