Chapter 4

Today was the outpatient clinic. I arrived at 9 am sharp, Just as Dr. Rahim told me. I remembered the place from my days in med school. So I marched to room number (8) directly and entered without hesitation. Guess what? It was empty. I asked a nurse nearby about the outpatient for ObGyn and signaled me to room (8) and took off. So I was right. But this can't be happening again? There must be something wrong with me!

I decided to wait on a near bench next to a patient. I checked my watch, 15 minutes has passed. Ok now, something is really going on. This isn't normal. I stood up and headed for the labor room. No one's there. Ok, maybe I should check the recovery and the abortion wards. No one's there either. I stood there thinking. What if I went behind the emergency theatre towards the pre- eclampsia ward? I remembered there was a seminar room where we used to gather during the ObGyn clerkship. I reached the corridor and stopped midway. Oh!

Suddenly a bunch of doctors where standing there in front of the room. I recognized some of them during my work in this week. They were talking, laughing and greeting each other as if they were out from a meeting. A Meeting?! Could it be...?

"Hey! Are you Asma?" A girl dragged me from my thoughts. I nodded. Her eyes then widened and she shrieked "OMG! You have to get in there quick. They're talking about you."Huh?! "Go where? And who's talking about me? Hey!" She took my arm and dragged me behind her I almost fell. My protest were nowhere to be heard. When we reached the gathering they asked me in unison if I was the girl they were talking about and why am I still standing here. They kept pushing me against my will towards the room, and I think I heard words of sympathy such as "Poor girl" and "She's doomed", which made me frightened to even look who was in there. As soon as they pushed me through the door they scattered away running like they were never here.

After I regained my balance I found that I had stepped into a small latitudinal corridor that has a bathroom at the far end to my right. In front of me was a brown curtain covering the doorway of the actual meeting room and behind it I could hear murmurs I couldn't make out. Oh god! What have I gotten myself into? I took a deep breath and stepped slowly to the curtain. I pushed it hesitantly to the side and braced myself to what I was about to see.

To my great terror, all the Obstetrics and Gynecology department five attendings of the Police Hospital were gathered, sitting in a circle, their faces scrunched up in annoyance when they all faced me.

Yup! I'm doomed. Oh Allah, please help me! I took small steps while praying silently, a semi-smile on my face like nothing was wrong. I cleared my throat and managed a greeting but it came out high pitched and totally strange. So I just stood there facing the floor.

Let's get this over with...

A/N

Sorry it took me so long to update, my dad was in the hospital but he's OK now.

This chapter is dedicated to a sweetheart whom I love so much MarilynAHepburn

Her books are amazing and she have a epic sense of humor that makes me laugh my brains out.  Check out Nurse McSexy... it's hilarious:D