十四

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Wake up! We're getting late!" Jungwoo shouted causing Y/n to wake up.

She saw Jungwoo standing in the door frame, in his matching heart pajamas and shirt.

"Do I have to come?" Y/n asked as she sat up.

"Yes. You've already missed so many days. Besides, change of environment and- don't worry, we'll have half the day free as it is. Everyone's busy with the games and carnival coming up."

"When is it?"

"The games are this Friday afternoon and the carnival is on Saturday."

"Today is just Thursday!" Y/n sighed.

"Its tomorrow Y/n and I'm dragging you with me either way. Besides, it'll get your mind off things."

"Can we go to the graveyard, after we come back from school?"

"Yes, now come on."

"Ugh Jungwoo you better shower me with your love and chocolates for doing all this for you."

"Honey, I love you too," Jungwoo smiled.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Mark I swear to god if you don't fucking let me do this, then I will smack your-"

"Okay fine! Geez!" Mark interrupted Doyoung

It was the second half of the day and the two were in the school's ground working on the tickets for the carnival.

Yuta, Taeyong and Jaehyun had basketball practice. Jungwoo and Y/n had left school early. Y/n wasn't feeling up to it and Jungwoo took responsibility to take her home.

Hyuck and Johnny were paired up for a stall and Win Win was the official photographer tomorrow. Taeil was preparing for his introductory speech for the match, since he was the host.

The teachers were busy with plans for the carnival, the cheerleaders with performing. The whole school was a mess.

"Ugh, why are we doing this anyways?" Mark asked.

"Well because if we don't make the fucking tickets then the carnival is useless like you," Doyoung snapped. "Now go get me some liquid glue from somewhere, I need to paste this," he pointed towards the stickers.

"Okay fine," Mark rolled his eyes.

Two minutes later, Doyoung heard footsteps heading towards him. Without turning around, he knew it was Mark.

"Come on, quickly man. I wanna go to the cafeteria," Doyoung instructed, but he did not hear a reply.

When he turned around, he met a man whose face was covered with a black mask. Before Doyoung could scream, the man's hands went straight to his throat, strangling him.

Kicking and trying his best to get away, Doyoung could feel his vision going blurry.

"Hey, you! Leave him alone!" Mark shouted as he saw Doyoung, however the man did not let go.

Mark charged towards him, at full speed and threw a punch causing the masked man to fall backwards and Doyoung to breathe out.

Mark was about to beat him more but the masked man got up and tried to run away. Seeing as he was much faster than Mark, chasing him, would be useless.

"What the fuck man? You okay?" Mark asked Doyoung.

"Yeah- who was he?" Doyoung asked.

"I don't know. I just saw you being strangled and all, that's why I ran. What happened?"

"Basically, I heard someone coming from behind and I thought it was you, so I said, 'Come quickly because I want to go eat.' When I heard no reply, I turned around and I crossed paths with that bastard and he started strangling me."

"That's so fucking weird. An unknown man on school grounds? And that too, tries to strangle a rabbit who's the least likely to make enemies? What is wrong with people?" Mark said.

"Oh gee thanks for the compliment," Doyoung commented. "But wait, Mark, what if the guy isn't unknown?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like what if he knows me or something? You know our school's security is pretty tight, slipping through wouldn't be easy."

"I agree. Let's just go from here, I'm kinda getting the chills and let's go talk to some teacher or someone, alright?"

"Yeah okay," and with that the two got up and made way to the building.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Y/n silently looked at the sunset from Jungwoo's room's balcony while he was in the shower.

Tears died her eyes as she remembered the good times with her father. Suddenly the felt two arms wrap around her. Jungwoo rested his chin on her shoulder. She could feel the water droplets fall from his wet hair.

"Cry. As much as you want. I'll be here to wipe off all your tears," he cooed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬