the hurt

J U N G K O O K

"I'll be as straightforward, blunt, and honest as I can when I say this; we don't know if he will survive."

Silence.

The small sounds and beeping noises from around the hospital, trying to break the void in between, only failing as the group remained quiet.

A noisy and excited pile of boys always having a few screams of entertainment.

Suddenly lost their trait.

We were now a voiceless, silent team full of emptiness inside, since one of our own wasn't determined if he could make more memories with us.

Memories of teasing him for being so short in comparison to majority of us.

Of him hugging all of us nearly every night before bed, and making sure we felt loved and needed.

Of him presenting his eye smile making us end up asking him if he could see what's in front of him when he shows it.

Of his unique laugh that somehow showcases his entire body indulging in the laughter as well.

Of his happy energy even when they were tired out from practice, that infected everybody with their own energy and had them go on until the end of their dance routines.

Of his dance that made our jaws drop everytime with how fluent and smoothly his body flows, like a steady stream from a waterfall.

Of the times he had cried with us all whenever we had gone through our worse times.

Of him screaming out of his fear of heights whenever we get him on the roller coasters.

Of him bringing out a hilarious amount of sass when he was borderline grumpy about something.

Of his small fingers that barely ever emerged from the sleeves of any jacket or sweater he ever wore, almost never shown, and comparing them with the ARMY's in a fun way to bond with them.

Of his attempts at being cute when he couldn't tell that he already has inherent aegyo that comes out in many of his normal everyday actions, unknown to himself.

Memories of just him.

Of Park Jimin.

 Their dear own Jimin, Chimchim, the mochi of the group, was on the edge of life. 

And nobody could tell whether he would pull back up or let go and fall.

Would he let go?

No. I can't think that way. Hyung's...hyung's going to live.

Right?

"I'm sorry. We will try our best to save him, but at this point it's up to him. Hopefully the results would be in good favour, by the grace of the Lord."

She sighed and looked at us in sadness. Who wouldn't have done so in her place?

Jimin-hyung never deserved any of this, after all.

She looked down and shook her head, walking away towards to the E.C.U. after having her I.D. scanned across the electronic lock beside the gate.

After the clicking of heels faded, we were engulfed in the quiet again, and it was tearing me apart. This silence that I wish was missing, existed because the joy that induced our smiles, talks, laughter, and sounds was missing. The joy who happened to be their lovable lead vocalist.

"J-Jungkook-ah..."

I looked up through eyes that stinged due to crying for so long.

Taehyung who was on my left had called out to me, and when he noticed my state of alarm, he squeezed my left hand which, along with my right, had gripped onto the edges of the book that his fellow 95-liner had given to me. I realised that Taehyung didn't look too surprised when he had noticed I was carrying and gripping onto the thin yet oh so heavy brown book, and when I say 'heavy' I don't mean literally.