inside

"I think Jimin would want you to listen to this."

I stared at it.

Jimin's phone.

It was nothing I hadn't seen before. I had seen it countless times while he played games on it with his ears plugged on the way home from dance practice.

Another rectangular mass that heaved down on my heart.

Yoongi-hyung grabbed my shaking hands with his own trembling ones. With hesitance I held it. Not completely, but I still had my hand open while it was carried within the curve of my palms.

I had no clue what it held.

As far as I know from reading his first, simple introductory yet weighing entry, that pale brown book had all of the darkness he hid with his brilliantly bright smile.

What did this have?

"Taehyung-ah told you about the journal,..."

I saw his red eyes, swollen cheeks, and lost, glum, sad expression, as he stared at the device.

"...I suppose I should tell you about the phone."

He looked at me, still having the same lightless expression that I had.

"The journal has his thoughts in the form of words and entries. The phone has his thoughts underneath his choice and taste in music."

He stretched out his hands towards the phone in my hand, and tilted it so it wouldn't be upside down in my direction of view.

"Uh..There's a playlist. I-...sorry.-"

He pulled up the collar of his shirt to his nose, the tears and source of sniffs about to fall.

It's a point to note. Jungkook wasn't the only one who missed the eldest of Bangtan's maknae line. I wasn't the only one who missed him, nor Yoongi-hyung.

Everyone did.

"It's alright, hyung."

While he took a few minutes to wipe off the much more prevalent evidences of a sadness that we all shared, I stared at him and the phone.

For a moment I had thought that Jimin was sharing bits and pieces with each person. That perhaps, he was never showing each and every bit of his locked heart to anyone.

That wasn't the case though.

Nobody but Tae-hyung and I knew about the existence of his journal, but Jimin never shared what he wrote inside. We were the only ones who ever knew he wrote his heart in it. We never knew what he wrote.

That's how I realised, that in the same way, nobody except Yoongi-hyung must have known about the playlist, but only and only the playlist itself. He knew about the playlist but not the songs. And most likely Namjoon-hyung too. If this was like the journal, then the songs must be in relation with his feelings, just as Yoongi-hyung said.

After a final sniff, and an inhale, he looked at me.

"I think it was meant for you to hear. And maybe you're supposed to listen while you read his journal. Listen to it."

-

After staring at the black screen in unknown fear, I pressed the single side button. The black lit up to a glowing spectrum of every shade of his colour.

Blue.

His favourite colour was blue.

I wonder, was it just because blue was the colour he loved?