Kimi Räikkönen- severed trachea

Kimi sighed, resting his face in his hands.

He downed another shot of vodka and stood up, paying the bartender for the drinks before leaving the bar.

He would've happily stayed there all night, but the bartender was already giving him weird looks and he really couldn't deal with that right now.

It was December, so temperatures were below freezing and a thin layer of frost carpeted the ground, crunching under Kimi's boots.

The Finn wasn't affected by the cold, but right now he was frozen to the core, his heart literally made of ice. He was the Iceman through and through.

Last week he had gotten a call from the Finnish police, telling him his wife was involved in a driving accident. A drunk truck driver had run a red light, skidded on the icy ground and crashed headlong into Minttu's car. The truck driver was pronounced dead at the scene and Minttu died in hospital two days later, when Kimi had won in America.

Needless to say that news put a dampener on his spirts.

He'd flown back to Finland for the funeral, leaving the children at his parents' house and stood in the freezing cold, the snow falling heavily around him, watching as his wife's coffin was lowered into the ground.

He sat in the silence of the living room, the darkness closing in around him, suffocating him, blinding him, deafening him-

Kimi lept up and rushed from the room, into the kitchen.

He slammed into the table, gasping for breath, inout, inout, inout, in-

He collapsed against the table, sobbing, pounding his fist against the wood. He overturned the table, upsetting the chairs on either side. He threw himself against the counter, knocking over the utensils, his hand brushing against the knife block.

His hand clasped around the handle of one of the knives, pulling it out hastily.

Kimi held the knife to his throat. It would be so easy- just press the tip in and pull it down, the blood would pour out and be over in minutes.

He took a shaky breath and dug the tip into the soft flesh of his throat, dragging the blade down, severing his trachea.

The knife clattered to the floor and Kimi slumped against the counter, gripping the top. Blood poured down his neck, soaking his shirt and he coughed, bringing up more blood.

The Finn fell to the floor, choking, his back arched, mouth open in a silent cry.

His body sagged and lay still.

Kimi Räikkönen was dead.

Name: Kimi-Matias Räikkönen
Time of death: 22:34
Type of death: Blood loss from severed trachea