Daniel Ricciardo- allergic reaction

Daniel slumped against the sofa in his hotel room.

It was late and the black of night mocked him as he drew the curtains and flicked on the light.

Brazil was another DNF for the Australian and Renault were now removing his contract with them.

Daniel was now left without a seat for next year and he didn't think it could get any worse.

If only life would stop biting his ass-

He turned the TV on just as the news began.

"Daniel Ricciardo has lost his seat at Renault-"

He turned the TV off just as the news began.

Sighing, he sank further into the soft cushions of the sofa, his phone pinging and he glanced at the text.

It was from Max.

Hey Dan, are you ok? I know that was a shit race for you and I was wondering if you wanted to come over for some drinks to forget about it?

He ignored his teammate and turned his phone off.

A glass bowl filled with cashew nuts glinted in the light of the room, maliciously laughing at Dan.
He was deathly allergic to cashews, how appropriate the staff had left them for him.

Storming over to the door, he locked and latched it, throwing a chair under the handle for good measure.

The Aussie knew he was being overdramatic- well, he was always the drama queen, wasn't he?

He grabbed a handful of the deadly nuts and threw them in his mouth.

Instantly he started to gag, but still scooped more nuts into his mouth.

He pulled the bowl towards him as he collapsed, the bowl smashing on the floor and the nuts rolling everywhere.

He spasmed, his saliva foaming at his mouth as he choked. His body thrashed and his head banged against the floor more times than he could count, most likely altering the people below him something was wrong.

No doubt they'd call reception to get someone to check on him.

But then it'd be too late.

His head lashed backward, mouth open in a silent scream, face blue from lack of oxygen.
With one last spasm, his body tensed, then fell limp.

Daniel Ricciardo was dead.

Name: Daniel Joseph Ricciardo
Time of death: 23:39
Type of death: Asphyxiation from allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock)