Kimi Räikkönen- Shadows

Kimi hadn't been at the paddock for three days, and Sebastian was getting worried. He wasn't answering Seb's calls or texts and the landline went straight to voicemail.

His phone rang, startling him. He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at the caller ID.

Kimi

He grinned, accepting the call and pressing his phone to his ear.

"Hey, Kim-"

He was cut off by the sound of gasping on the other end of the phone.

"Hey, are you alright?" He asked.

"T-there's a body..." A voice that was definitely not Kimi's said.

Sebastian jumped up. "At Kimi's?"

"Whoever's phone this is, there's a body in the kitchen and blood. So much blood..." The voice gasped.

"I'll be right there."

Seb hung up the phone and leapt up, rushing to his car.

He drove to Kimi's, making it in record time.

A young man was standing outside, looking visibly shaken when Sebastian arrived, the German sprinting from his car to the house.

Sebastian flew through the house, skidding around the living room into the kitchen, the young man following him.

There was so much blood.

The liquid coated the floor, covering every available surface. Sebastian stepped around it, not wanting the fluid on his shoes.

He could see Kimi's feet poking out around the counter. The German took a deep breath and headed around, his breath leaving him as he looked upon his friend's body.

Kimi lay in a pool of his own blood, a knife an arm's length away, his throat slit in half, the blood there drying to his skin, cracked and pale.

Seb grabbed the edge of the counter, willing himself to take a deep breath, freaking out would not be useful in any way.

He straightened up, took his phone out and called for an ambulance to take Kimi's body away before calling Maurizio.

The Ferrari team principal seemed surprised at the news of Kimi's suicide, but promised Sebastian he would break the news to the team.

Seb stayed with Kimi until the paramedics whisked him off to the hospital and the German drove back to the paddock in silence.

When he arrived, the paddock was covered in an iron curtain. No-one spoke, a few Ferrari engineers gave him small, sad smiles, but nothing more than that.

Once again he was given the job of announcing Kimi's death on the press conference.

He broke down halfway through, sobbing his eyes out, and Fernando quickly ended the conference, stating the race was cancelled.

The Spaniard hurled Seb out of the conference room and into his motorhome room, not caring about the German's tears that were soaking his shirt.

The two sat in the stillness of the motorhome, mourning the loss of an ex-teammate and friend.

The temperature in the room dropped slightly, but only Fernando noticed it, shivering slightly.

A dark blur caught his eye, vanishing as soon as it appeared.

Shadows, he told himself. Everywhere they follow.