Slightly Human

Emmetts POV

Rose is stiff in my arms. She is heavy too. I give her to Carlisle and he carries her upstairs to the hospital room. We all run in inhuman speed to meet him there.

   I am so nervous. Me and Rose finally, Finally, get a child of our own.

  But she looks so weak now, human flowing through her still stomach. She will be slightly human.

   Carlisle lays her granite body on the steel table. Rose has not moved from her  very stiff and still state. I clenchy fists. To see her body laying there, so helpless.

   Edward looks at me knowing.

I hate that you can read my thoughts Eddy! I thought at him.

He laughed and then sighed. "But I know all to well of how you are feeling Brother" He said, wrapping his arm around a confused Bella.

  "How are you, Little Sis?" I asked her. Esme, Carlisle, Alice, and Jasper had drifted off to their own conversation and I was desperate for distraction from Rose.

  "Fine" Bella said, haulting the conversation to a stop. The room fell silent as our ears perked up to the sound of pounding paws against the newly wet dirt outside the house.

   We all turn to see just in time Jacob in wolf form with Renessmee on his back. He has raindrops in his shaggy fur. I didn't notice it raining.

"Me neither" Edward commented. I growl. I hate it when he reads my thoughts. "I will try not to" Edward says. I turn around, agitated. "Get. Out. Of. My. Head" I say, slowly. He backs away and Bella grips his shoulder.

  "Oh stop!" Alice cries. She opens the window and jumps down carefully. We watch as she carefully lifts Renessmee off of Jacob and jumps back up to the room.

  We hear stirring on the table behind us....

What do you think?