chapter 1

This journey starts in my room by me packing all my stuff I need for the holidays in that little yellow suitcase ,my best friend bought me for my birthday. I really like it but it's just too tiny!
"UUUUGGGHHH! G E T   I N   T H E R E !" I yelled at my sweater that wouldn't fit in the suitcase.
I tried everything! :

- I sat on the suitcase
- I rolled everything I had into small sausages ,so there is more space...
- I even thought about NOT bringing my favorite sweater! But... nah

There's just 1 thing left I could do... "MOOOOOM!?" 
I don't know what this magic is with moms but moms can make anything fit or find things that disappeared 3 years ago ( and you could've sworn you looked EVERYWHERE ) just... you know... by being moms...
So my mom got upstairs and she looked at me sitting there like a little trashbag and then at the suitcase. She leaned over ripped the sweater from me and put it in the suitcase like it was always meant to be there. She closed the suitcase and went downstairs again sarcastically saying : "You're welcome Lilly!", me being completely shocked and overwhelmed.

****

The next day it was time for me and my family to go to the airport!
ITALY HERE I COME!
I'm so excited about going there!
I'm actually Italian but me and my older sister were born in America because my parents got here when they were really young.

So we go to the airport by car, my sister ,Abi, talking about her boyfriend... like always! (*ugh*) and my dad and mom being just in love, singing , cracking each other up and me daydreaming about Meryl... the usual.

As we got there I saw a lot of amazing things , like the little book shop with every book you could ever dream of or the coffee shop smelling so exquisitely.

But most importantly , I realized there were like A LOT of couples... and believe me... I think they're disgusting... but as we walked to the gate I saw an older couple... I just saw them from behind and could tell they loved each other more than anything else on the planet!

She was around 60 - 65  and he was around the same age. She was blonde with a little bit of gray hair, all pulled back to a loose ponytail and wearing just comfy clothes. A sweater, a jacked around her kind of small waist and a pear of Jean's and nike shoes. He had gray curly hair and was also dressed legere. A T-shirt , Jean's , sports shoes and a baseball cap. He was a little bit taller than her, which made her look even smaller.

I don't know why I was so focused on them but I just couldn't take my eyes of them.

He was protectively holding her with one hand and having all the bags in the other while she was embracing him and having a suitcase right next to her.     

I chuckled at the thought that they could be Don and Meryl and turned around as my family pulled me to the gate.

We were in line as I saw the couple walking towards the same gate and checking in. I almost had a heart attack when I realized THEY WHERE DON AND MERYL!

I couldn't speak for a moment and then I just could make weird sounds like: " Abi... aahh... Mmeerr... Oh mmy.. wha... nsudheosgeieeebeoxbyarw"

* to be continued