I am appointed by a Billionaire to be his Heir's Girlfriend 24

Author's note: Another chapter, a product of my boredom during the one week-class suspension.   Let's all hope I won't be so busy again or I'll disappear for a few months again lol.

TO ALL MY READERS, ACTIVE AND SILENT, THANK YOU FOR READING THIS STORY UP UNTIL NOW.

             Type your comments! I really would love to hear what you think! :)

@orangecow2: Can't believe I haven't dedicated a chapter to you yet so here's one! Thanks for your support for this story! :)

Watch out guys! I'm adding more characters soon! 

___________________________________________________________________

Athena Vanderbilt POV

                It’s been a few months since that lonely goodbye on a bench in Central Park. Snow is already falling. The Nights are getting colder and longer. The Christmas holidays is visible in the horizon.

                Mom and Iris got back already and they won’t be returning to Connecticut until the fist Monday of the new year but it’s still a few weeks away.

                I returned the money to the Van Warners and I have no more communication with them, especially that jerk slash heir to a multi-billionaire slash “ex-boyfriend”.

                I sighed.

                How I wish I could state that as a fact. But no. I’m here, stuck again in our old apartment, my only refuge in this troubled time.

                It’s only been a few hours since that lonely good bye on a bench in Central Park. Instead of snow, orange and yellow leaves are falling. The Christmas holidays are still far away. Mom and Iris aren’t back yet.

                My only friend deserted me. My mom and sister are miles away. My dad is stuck in a coma in a hospital and I’m forbidden to see him. And I let go of the only one I could depend on the past few days. Wait, he was never mine to begin with. Sucks being me, right?

                Now that I’m not clouded by anger and confusion, I really don’t know how I came up with the decision to quit. I clearly remember how my words shocked Nate. Did he want me to leave?

                I groaned to my pillow. Why should I care? I severed my ties with him the moment I said those two words.