"Much Love, Kaito Kid"

The two Nakamori siblings were having their small game of tag around the kitchen. Their father sighed as he opened his newspaper, tuning out the racket his kids were making.

"I'm gonna get you, Aoko!" (M/n) roared playfully as he reached for the other.

Aoko squealed, barely dodging his last attempt, "I'd like to see you try, Oniichan!"

Ginzo had long since given up and knew not to get in the way of their "bonding time", as they like to call it. They weren't exactly the kind of siblings that would insult each other out of love. They would just outright say it. And sometimes go a little too far to show it.

This was one of those times.

"Got ya!" (M/n) ran the other direction. Aoko pouted, but didn't last long as she chased him, giggling while she did so.

"I'll get you this time, Oniichan!"

"Catch me if you can!" the older stuck his tongue out playfully.

Ginzo turned to another page, "How do you kids have so much energy this early in the morning?"

~~~

(M/n) was browsing on his phone, reading the latest news the about return of "Kaito Kid". He scoffed at this character, painfully reminding him of a certain someone he never liked since childhood.

Not long after class started, two of the students were already causing a ruckus. One of them, obviously his sister, was chasing the one person he could never tolerate.

Kuroba freaking Kaito.

Sensei tested the two, both getting the correct answers to her disbelief. The brown haired male pulled out a stack and shuffled, telling her to put over her head. The older Nakamori's blood boiled as everyone else laughed.

This is how classes with the magician always went. The teachers did nothing to stop it, he was never suspended. He wasn't expelled either, since the person in charge of the school enjoyed the entertainment provided.

"Kaito Kid?"

"The thief who uses magic tricks. Don't you know?"

Kaito laughed arrogantly, "Some nobody calling himself Kaito Kid wouldn't stand a chance against me!"

The string attaching him to the ceiling broke, landing on the ground and in someone's chair.

Aoko aimed her mop, "Game over!"

"You've got it all wrong! I'm not Kaito!"

"What's there to get wrong? You call putting on a pair of glasses a disguise? If all you've got are cheap tricks, you won't stand a chance against Kaito Kid!"

"Well, excuse me for using such cheap tricks."

Aoko turned to the voice. Seeing her friend standing by their instructor left her in disbelief. The person beside her took off a mask and put his glasses on.

"Looks like I'll have to have a showdown with this so-called Kaito Kid."

"I'll be rooting for the thief," (M/n) muttered. He shivered as he felt something warm blow against his ear.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, (M/n)-kun."

Out of instinct, he lifted a fist to his intended target, feeling a satisfying crunch against his knuckle before hearing desks getting knocked back and cluttered together.

"Next time I won't go easy, Kuroba," the older Nakamori sighed, wanting to get some progress done. It just so happens he couldn't find his pen. He looked under his notebook, under his desk until he heard snickering in front of him.