"Kuroba Kaito"

A/n: This chapter wasn't as long as I wanted it to be. The majority of the episode was focused on Kaito only, so I added some stuff of my own for the sake of reading time (and being original for once).

Enjoy~!

It was another day for the brunette. He stared outside the window, trying to ignore the sound of breaking glass as Koizumi Akako chatted happily with Kaito.

He knew he had no chance with the magician. Akako's undeniable charm could get her any man she wanted. His sister could also be a candidate for Kaito's love interest, as much as he detested the idea.

He was supposed to be jealous of Kaito.

But he wasn't.

(M/n) wanted to cry. Not because of his inability to tell the whole world he had what it takes to take it over. Not because of the lack of substance in his life thus far.

But because he was in love with Kuroba Kaito.

(M/n) could live the rest of his life knowing he was never going to make it big. He could live with the fact that his life will have nothing worth talking about. Knowing that he'll never be more than the boy who could never reach the stars was devastating enough. He could live with that.

But loving someone whose dreams were within reach...

It was much worse than he could bear.

He could never compete with the son of the Kuroba Touichi. He had the power to bend the world to its will with his deceptions. He could make one cheer with even the simplest tricks.

He was always rewarded with smiles.

And what did (M/n) get? Pins and needles in his feet, numbness in his legs, and the black, scorching tar he knew and was very familiar with...

Pity.

People may think they're doing him a favor of not bringing it up, but he could feel the stares. Eyes that don't bother to even attempt to understand him one bit.

They might as well talk about how pathetic he is.

As the fragile glass in his heart continues to crack, Akako glances the back of the (h/c) haired boy's head with a smirk.

The blue-eyed magician, however, frowns and takes out a pen and paper. He scribbles messily on the paper while pushing Aoko away as she tries to read his writing.

"Nee, (M/n), you look down. Are you sick?" Miwa placed a hand on the brunette's forehead before it was swatted away.

"I'm fine. I'm just a little tired is all."

Akako leaned to Kaito's side, getting way into his personal space. She must've said something to make the magician's face flush an adorable red. His heart ached as he was painfully reminded that he never stood a chance.

(M/n) ignored it.

He read about the gentlemen thief's next target. The clock tower that's been there ever since he could remember.

The brunette found the idea of stealing a clock tower absurd. How the hell was Kaito Kid going to steal that!?

It held the utmost importance to him. He fumed many times over, much more so than Aoko did. Though he considered everyone lucky they only had to suffer Aoko's wrath. Her temper wasn't the least bit scary unless she had a mop in hand. And hell, she knew how to use it.

But right now, he hated Kaito Kid.

---

"Aoko, you're the only one rooting against Kid," (M/n) sweatdropped when his blue-eyed sister continued telling the thief to not show up for the heist.