~The One~

This side chapter is an AU where the the Nakamori twins and Kaito aren't childhood friends.

This was originally going to be for The Seven Deadly Sins (help me), but then I thought it would fit Magic Kaito much better. I think this is my best song chapter so far. Maybe. Idk.

I already know Kaitou Kid's rose is blue, but I like white roses. But I will use a blue rose whenever I feel is appropriate.

~~~

"You'll be fine, Oniichan. It's just a blind date."

"One that Miwa set up."

Aoko sighed, "It won't be that bad. You just need to relax a little."

The boy crossed his arms, "I can't afford to relax, Aoko. As long as I stick to my logic, I'll make it out in one piece."

"Music? Oh no, not again--"

"I stick with real things, usually facts and figures. When information's in its place, I minimize the guessing game. Guess what?"

"What?"

(M/n) waves a finger, "I don't like guessing games or when I feel things... before I know the feelings."

He gestures to himself in disbelief, "How am I supposed to operate if I'm just tossed around by fate?"

The image in his head made him shiver, "Like an unexpected date?"

(M/n) begins to count fingers, "With a stranger who might talk too fast, or ask me questions about myself before I've decided that. He can ask me questions about myself, he might sit too close. Or call the waiter by his first name or eat Oreos? But eat the cookie before the cream-"

"Ew."

"Exactly." The brunette watches her brother lean against the restaurant door and look at his lap.

"But what scares me the most, what scares me the most..." he stands up and poses dramatically (because this chapter is apparently a musical. Thx a lot, Author).

"Is what if when he sees me, what if he doesn't like it? What if he runs the other way and I can't hide from it? What happens then? If when he knows me, he's only disappointed? What if I give myself away, to only get it given back? I couldn't live with that..."

"So I'm just fine, inside my shell-shaped mind. This way, I get the best view. So when he sees me, I want him to," (M/n) attempted smile turns into a grimace.

The younger sibling stumbles over her words, "Oniichan, don't you think you're being a little--I mean maybe just a tad--"

"I'm not defensive!" (M/n) flushes before clearing his throat.

"I'm simply being cautious. I can't risk reckless dating due to my miscalculating while a certain suitor stands in line. I've seen in movies most made for television, you cannot be too careful when it comes to sharing your life."

He falls onto his knees, "I could end up a miserable wife!"

"Don't you mean 'husband'?"

"It doesn't rhyme," the brown-haired boy stood back up grabbed his scalp in a panic.

"Sorry Aoko, but he could be criminal! Some sort of psychopath who escaped from an institution, somewhere where they don't have girls."

"U-Uh--"

"He could have masterminded some way to find me--he could be colorblind! How untrustworthy is that, he could be less than kind."

"Oniichan--"

"Or even worse he could be very nice, have lovely eyes. And make me laugh, come out of hiding..." (M/n) smiles unintentionally.

"What do I do with that? Oh, God," he shakes away his flush. He stands straighter and then brings his arms back into his chest.

"What if when he sees me I like him and he knows it? What if he opens up a door and I can't close it? What happens then?"

(M/n) clenches his shirt, "If when he holds me? My heart is set in motion. I'm not prepared for that, I'm scared of breaking open! But still I can't help from hoping to find..."

He smiles again, but it was genuine this time. He doesn't try to stop it as he felt it grow.

"Someone to talk to who likes the way I am," he hops on the bed and stands with arms around himself with that same hopeful smile.

"Someone who when he sees me wants to again!" the blue eyed male breathes heavily after holding the note and his internal organs scrambling themselves.

Figuratively.

Aoko couldn't bring herself to comment after seeing why her older brother by thirty seconds was not looking forward to tonight. The real reason he was trying to keep calm and just try to make it out alive.

"I heard music. Was (M/n) doing it again?" a light brown-haired boy walks up to them with a grin.

(M/n) crossed his arms, "I have every right to be nervous, Miwa."

"It's just a blind date. No big deal."

"If I get kidnapped or something, the blame is on you."

Aoko and Miwa wished (M/n) good luck before he walks inside the restaurant and is guided to his seat. He waits anxiously as he unwraps a set of utensils and constantly adjusts them to keep him busy.

(M/n) jumps when he hears a screech then remains tense as it got quiet. He looks up to find a boy his age with dark brown hair and sparkling blue eyes sitting in front of him. The pale boy's face turned pink then took a sudden interest in the table. One glance made his organs scramble themselves and his blood heat up.

"Nakamori (M/n), right?"

Before he had a chance to answer, a blue rose appears in front of him. The twin slowly reaches toward it. The stranger grabbed his hand and gently kissed it, then makes the rose appear in his hand. (M/n) snatches his hand away in embarrassment, not realizing he still held on to the blue flower.

"My name's Kuroba Kaito. Nice to meet you."

Kaito puts a hand on his cheek and gazes lovingly at the boy he just met. He doesn't stop even when the other tries to hide himself behind the rose and whispers to himself as to why their waiter was taking so long.

The brown-haired stranger's smile radiates an innocent and yet mischievous beauty, one that left (M/n) with no words. His eyes gave a predatory and longing glow that showed no sign of dimming.

(M/n) found it hard to believe that so many contradicting factors could create something so beautiful.

The pale teenager paid attention to nothing else but the boy in front of him. And the words he'll hear will stay with him for the rest of his life.

"I finally found you. You're the one."