TWELVE

"Wake up," Jaemin felt two weak hands shaking him. Jaemin's eyes shot open, only to see Y/n in front of him. She was shivering.

"Hey, hey where are we?" Jaemin sat up.

"I don't know. I just woke up here and I'm freezing," Y/n shivered.

"Hey," Jaemin pulled her for a hug. "This will keep you warm," he smiled.

The two stayed in that position for several beats, till finally, a clock fell from the roof of the room.

"What the- is that a bomb?" Y/n asked Jaemin.

"No- just. Let me see," Jaemin stood up and made his way to the clock. A note was attached to it.

"Wait- it says, time is ticking, escape as fast you can because if it is too late, you'll be part of this game forever."

Y/n shivered. "Forever? What the heck?"

"That means this is an escape room. Y/n get up and find anything you can that can help us get out," Jaemin instructed. He folded the piece if paper and put it in his pocket.

Dragging his feet across the room, he started running his finger through the desk trying to find a latch, while Y/n was looking at the books.

Jaemin felt the clock tick louder and his eyes followed Y/n as she made her way to see why it was making such a sound.

"Fuck," she muttered under her breath. "One minute Nana."

"Shit," Jaemin cussed as he quickly rummaged around the room, trying to find something till his eyes landed to a small switch on the desk. He pressed it and beneath the desk, a passage opened.

The ticking stopped and Y/n breath a sigh of relief.

"Nana, you smart," Y/n complimented and let out a giggle.

"I know hon," Jaemin replied. "Now come on."

"Honestly I wish our powers would work here," Y/n sighed.

"Yeah me too. But where's the fun in that?"

The two bent down and crawled into the passage till their eyes landed in to what was in the middle of the room.

"A big ass aquarium, seriously?" Y/n sighed as she dusted off her pants.

"I know right like what the- wait a minute, is that a person?"

And another clock fell through the ceiling.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

His eyes fluttered open and a sharp pain pierced through Mark's skull and he felt as if he was being shot.

"Where the fuck am I?" Mark asked rubbing the back of his head.

He looked around, only to realize, he was in an empty room. Were the rest dead? No, it was impossible. He couldn't believe it.

Mark got up from the chair he was seated on and stumbled around the room trying to find a way out.

He found a door camouflaged as if it was a wall in the room. It did not have a handle, but it was rather the push and open sort of door. At least that's what Mark thought.

He tried opening it but the door wouldn't budge. He punched the door in frustration, causing the paint to scrape off the door.

And then he read what he saw, "Escaping isn't going to be easy," and something fell from the roof.

And this time, it was not a clock.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄