L E A R N

Learn

-to gain knowledge or understanding of or skill in by study, instruction, or experience

You turned to your side to see the familiar boy with messy black hair. "What?" you asked.

"If you want to get out or even know something, you have to know how to fight." Juan said.

"Who the fuck gave you permission to enter my room?" Anya had glared at the boy who had just placed his hands behind his head and gave a sheepish smile. "You don't own the ship so i did" he said then faced you.

Anya sighed, "what do you mean she needs combat? You and your countrymen barely even have good weapons or combat. You just know how to wield that stick or even better, know how to shoot" he said.

"True but do you know anyone else who could teach her?" he asked. "Well there's me and Gabriel" she remarked in her usual sarcastic tone. "I meant willing to" he said with a hint of annoyance strained in his voice.

"Gabriel doesn't give a fuck and i don't know if i can teach" she said. "So fine. If you think it will help her" she said.

It came to your mind that the two had just indulged into a conversation about you without knowing you were still there "So you're just gonna talk about what you're gonna do with me without my consent? You two are already deciding that i'm learning combat without my idea as if i'm an item you own" you said.

"Well that's what you are in Antonio's eyes" Anya replied.

'is that supposed to sound kinky or...?'

You shook any other thought out of your mind. "Well, what if i know how to fight" you asked. "Well.... Too bad! You're learning anyways, just in case you're lying" Juan grinned and pulled you out of Anya's room slamming the door and bringing you into a room that was just beside the door to the kitchen.

"This is my room and here" he said tossing a stick at you which hit your head making you pick it up from the floor and glare at him. You looked at the stick which was a long stick that was around 26 inches and as thick as the height of half of your thumb. It didn't look polished but it had a even smooth shape, somewhat like bamboo.

"What's this?" you asked. "Aside from the fact that it's a stick." you added.

"It's called a eskrima stick or Calis or Pananandata stick. You will be using this in our training." he said.

"So how does this work? Does it transform into some kind of sword or something?"

"No. let's get started." he said and got a dagger like weapon from a wooden scabbard. The blade was slightly curvy but still maintained a strait shape as it looked about as long as half or ¾ of his arm.

"Woah! What the hell?! Why do i get a stick while you have a dagger-sword thingamawhatsit" you complained.

"It's called a bolo and you're only my student and i'm your master. Let's learn the hitting points first" he said and immediately swung the sword to your side, by instinct you jumped to your side to still find the blade against the left side of your head.

"What the-?!" you yelled getting cut off. "That's the left temple." he said and proceed to point the blade to the right side of your head. "That's the right temple."

"What the heck dude?! Are you trying to kill or train me?" you yelled.

"Training"

"Then why are swinging your sword at me?!"

"I'm not giving pain if im right?" he inquired and you were going to retort but couldn't think of some sort of comeback to that.

"Okay?" he inquired and you hesitantly nodded.

He pointed the blade to your left arm. "Kaliwang braso"

"Kanang braso" he said pointing the blade to your right arm.

"Tsiyan" he said thrusting the blade forward to your stomach.

"Kaliwang dibdib at kanang dibdib" (left chest and right chest) he said pointing the sword to your left and right chest.

"Kaliwang tuhod at kanang tuhod" (left knee and right knee) he said swinging the blade to the side of your left then right knee.

"Kaliwang mata at-" he said pointing the sword towards your left eye causing you to fall back to the floor and hit the sword with your stick.

"Kanang mata" he said continuing to point the sword to the front of your right eye.

"Katapusan, the crown" he said lifting the sword up and what looked like he was going to slash it to the top of your head. You shut your eyes tightly afraid of him actually hitting you as you held the stick with both hands on each end and prevented your head from being hit, with the stick being hit instead of your head.

The weight that was on the stick was gone as you opened your eyes to see him with the bolo back in its scabbard as he held a hand out for you to take as you were on the floor.

You scowled at him and looked away to avoid his gaze and face which probably held victory and a smirk. You were pulled up but as that happened you didn't notice that you were pulled up causing your posture to not be steady. You fell forward with your face on his chest/shoulders (a/n: i'm short so... ;-;). His arms were around your shoulders as he helped you up.

"You're okay?" he asked backing away from you not that you were standing up.

"No. you were practically so close to killing me 12 times!" you yelled.

"Those are the twelve proper places you hit someone."

"Can't i just hit them anywhere?" you asked.

"Yes but those are the most essential and normal ways to hit someone." he said.

"Stabbing people in both their eyes are essential?" you asked in a 'seriously-wtf' tone.

"Eye?"

"10 and 11" you said.

"Oh thats what its called. I'm not really familiar with body parts in english but i hope you still got it." he said.

"How could i not know the places your tried to stab or swing at me"

"Hahaha." he said and got his bolo out again. Since you said that you understand. I'll hit you in all the parts i have already done in all the orders with saying them, you have to block me." he said and you nodded accepting his challenge.

"Left temple" he said and you placed the wooden stick on the side of your head to block it and it worked well.

"Right temple" he said swinging it to the right side of your head which was also blocked.

"Kaliwang braso and kanang braso" he said as the sword came swinging to the side of your left arm which you also blocked in the same way as the temples, repeating the same for your right arm.

"Tsiyan" he said and thrusted the bolo to meet your stomach but you swung the stick upwards hitting the bolo making it fly up and fall into the floor.

He picked up the sword and smiled. "Great job" he said.

You stared at the stick you used to flip the sword off. "AWESOME! THAT.WAS.BADASS!" you said in amazement on how the stick hadn't broken.

Juan looked at your face which had a amazed and ecstatic expression plastered on it making a tinge of pink go to his cheeks. 'Ganda' he thought.

"Come at me with the last 7!" you said.

"It's enough for today. We can train again tomorrow, you can keep that" he said.

"Then i'll look forward to it." you said and left his room.

A/n: Eskrima now more known as Arnis is what the reader learned today. I kinda learned a little bit of arnis through my filipino friend and i seriously apologize if i got a lot of terms wrong.