PAUSE

pause

-a temporary stop in action or speech.

----

3 weeks had passed by, but it only felt like a few days. Everything had went by as usual except that people were more keen and diligent. People were tasked their usual duties plus extra labor to prepare for the upcoming battle. You had to not only clean the deck, sweep floors, cook food, and study, but you had to sharpen swords and knives as well as learn basics of the battle. You got the memo that you were going to actually participate in the fight, unlike the last time when you had to avoid fighting.

Being honest, you were anxious. Afraid and nervous. You got the knack that this probably wasn't a dream. You gripped the blade of the sword you were sharpening, you realized that was a stupid decision when you let out a hiss of pain. You dropped the sword and saw a large cut on your palm, the cut stretched diagonally across your left palm with blood flowing out. You tore the piece of cloth on the end of your blouse with your other hand with trouble. You wrapped the cloth around your hand and picked the sword up, tossing it to the sink. You walked back to your room to see Anya.

"Do you have any bandages?" you asked showing her your palm wrapped around the thin cloth, blood already showing and soaked up by the cloth. "Ask Emma" she said, as if it were nothing. 'Do countries not care about these injuries?'

You walked out and to emma's room to see abel. "Is emma here?" you asked him. He gave you a skeptical look but let out a gruff scoff. "No. what do you need?" he asked in a demanding tone. "I need help with this" you showed your bleeding palm. He got a roll of a white cloth looking thing and tossed it to you. You tried wrapping the cloth around your palm as he watched you. "You're stupid" he stated.

He walked over to you and gently grabbed the cloth and your hand. He held your hand, getting a wet cloth before that. He wiped your palm with the wet cloth making you wince as he kept a straight face. He wrapped the cloth around it properly. It looked better than earlier. "Thanks" you said and were about to get up until you heard a yell.

"¡Estamos en Holanda! (we are in holland!) Everyone come to the deck and get ready for battle!" you heard antonio yell. 'Why is the timing here always so bad?'

"Get the weapons and go to the deck. We arrived" he said leaving you. Your eyes widened after a few seconds processing what he had said. 'Now?!' you thought, rushing out to where you were getting the weapons ready. You quickly gathered them up, you grabbed the blood stained swords that you had accidently cut yourself with, and ran as fast as you could up the deck. You saw everyone there. You placed the weapons on top of a nearby barrel as everyone was looking to the side of the ship. There was land in the distance, a ship nearer to you. The ship you were in drew closer just s the figure of land and the other ship looked like it was getting nearer. Not much longer, the two large ships were no more than meters apart. You stood against the wooden wall waiting for something to happen.

"Who goes there?" you heard a familiar voice yell over from the direction of the other ship. You flinched recognizing that strict, cocky, alluring, yet bossy voice you heard almost everyday for so long. 'Why them of all people?'

"Captain Kirkland. I see you're in my territory" Antonio chuckled. You saw Arthur raise a brow and let out a deep and menacing chuckle. "Yours? Don't make me laugh Spain" Arthur said.

"You look amused enough. You can leave now" Antonio grinned darkly unlike the ones he would give you very very often. "And what if I don't?" Arthur taunted. "You wouldn't want this to end up like last time" Antonio said even more firmly now, he was getting pissed.