Chapter 1: Unconditional Love

Alex opens her eyes slowly to the blinding light from the windows as she slowly reaches her arms out and stretches. A smile then appears on her face as an arm reaches over her body and kisses her neck gently. "Good morning" she snickers.

"Good morning, beautiful" Spike smiles causing Alex to bite her lip flirtatiously.

"I love waking up beside you" Spike then says as Alex lays her head down onto his bare chest, drawing small circles with her finger.

"And I love waking up beside you...Even if it is here at the hotel" Alex laughs looking up at him.

"Hey! Room service and privacy. Two main goals in life" Spike jokes making Alex turn on her back laughing.

"What kind of life are you living?" Alex questions playfully.

"Hopefully one with you by my side," Spike says and Alex stops laughing and looks up at him as he towers over her. Alex reaches her hand up and places it gently on Spike's cheek causing him to close his eyes.

"I will always be by your side, Spike. I love you" Alex smiles as Spike opens his eyes looking back down at her.

"I love you to Lex" Spike smiles back and leans down kissing her lips. Alex snickers as he says her nickname and wraps her arms around his neck deepening the kiss.

The alarm then goes off on both Alex's and Spikes phone and they sigh. "I guess work calls" Spike smiles.

"Five more minutes" Alex wines as she lays her head back down on her pillow and closes her eyes.

"I wish, but you can sleep all you want. I'm going to have a shower if you wanted to join instead" Spike smirks as he slowly walks towards the bathroom. Alex looks towards him as a smile grows on her face. She then jumps up off the bed and walks towards him, pushing past him and going into the bathroom first.

"I guess you're joining me instead" she states.

"I guess so" Spike laughs.

*****

Alex walks out of the dressing room and spots her father talking on the phone as he leans against Winnie's desk. "Yeah, I know she should've told me, but Joanne and I don't exactly talk" he sighs as he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah. Well, thanks again, though. Okay. Bye-bye" Greg says looking over at Alex as he hangs up the phone and puts it in his pocket.

"Why would you need to talk to mom?" Alex questions curiously.

"Dean had an accident on his dirt bike" Greg answers.

"Of course he did" Alex huffs as she turns to walk away.

"Alex," Greg says grabbing her arm and turning her back around.

"He's still your brother," Greg says looking her in the eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is he ok?" Alex asks sarcastically and Greg closes his eyes and lets out a deep breath.

"Yeah. He broke his arm" Greg answers as Eddie walks towards them.

"Yeah, he sounds great. Serves him right" Alex mumbles as she turns around and walks away.

Eddie watches as she walks down the hall and disappears around a corner then he looks back at Greg to see him rubbing his forehead with his hand. "Everything alright?" he asks.

"Dean broke his arm. But I had to find out through Facebook" Greg says.

"Well, at least he sent you a message, right?" Eddie questions.

"Nah, he never confirmed me as a friend. He did friend my cousin, though, and that's how I found out-- through her" Greg advises.

"If it makes you feel any better, Clark didn't confirm me as a friend, either" Eddie says smiling.