Chapter 6: Thicker Than Blood

Jules walks into the supply closet full of uniforms and tactical equipment and right through to the caged off area where the guns and bullets are stored, and immediately stops humming the song that's been stuck in her head when she notices Eddie organizing the ropes. "You need a hand?" She questions cheerfully.

"No. I'm good" Eddie says bluntly.

"Need a hand with the tie-off?" she then asks.

"Nope," Eddie states in the same tone.

"You know, if you give it a quarter-twist..." Jules begins to explain but notices Eddie sigh and lowers the rope in his hand annoyed.

"Okay, you know what, Jules? It's all yours" Eddie says, handing the rope over to Jules.

"Thanks" she smiles.

Eddie then reaches up for a gun and some bullets as Jules smiles and looks towards him again. "Hey, how's Sophie?" she asks.

"She's good," Eddie answers.

"How's her big belly?" Jules questions as her smile grows excitedly.

"Big" Eddie states.

"Did you get a new ultrasound?"

"No" Eddie answers quickly.

"How'd you do it with Clark? You know, making the time? This job?" Jules then asks curiously, still wrapping the rope with her hands.

"You just, you just do it, you know? You make the time" Eddie explains a little annoyed before walking out of the supply closet.

"Okay" Jules says quietly.

"Not a good subject right now" Greg's voice then says from behind her, and she turns around to look at him.

"What's going on?" Jules questions, as Greg reaches up and grabs his gun from the shelf.

"Just give him a little space," He admits.

"Space...Sure" Jules whispers, placing the tied up rope onto the table in front of her.

"Team One, gear up. Armed robbery in progress" Winnie's voice says through the speakers.

"Single suspect, white male, forties, handgun" Winnie states as Alex walks by her and towards the garage with Spike and Sam.

***

"Hostages?" Greg questions through the headset as he looks through the file on his lap. Alex looks over his shoulder and smiles when her dad looks up at her curiously.

"At least half a dozen" Winnie replies as Alex sits back in her seat, feeling a little nauseous and looks towards Eddie who was driving and looking distracted at the same time.

"One witness made it out. She told a first responder that the man was screaming at the tellers. Uh, thought he might be emotionally disturbed. Kept saying "I want my money. It's my money."" Winnie continues.

"Thanks, Winnie," Greg says before reaching down and muting his mic.

"You're quiet" Alex states as she looks at Eddie's eyes looking at her in the rearview mirror.

"I'm listening. White male, forties -- I heard her" Eddie smiles.

"How's Sophie?" Alex then questions and notices Eddie nod his head slightly.

"She's good. She staying with her mom still." He replies.

"Her mom couldn't come stay with you, huh?" Greg questions curiously looking towards him.