Ch. 37 Family

Raza laid awake, watching the sun crawl over Sage's bare back. His Chosen had wrapped himself tightly around him and stayed that way even in sleep. His face was tucked against Raza's neck and his even breathing calmed him in a way he would have never predicted.

He knew he should probably wake him, they should have woken with the sun, but he couldn't find it in himself to disturb his Chosen. He looked so relaxed, so peaceful.

Running his fingers slowly down Sage's back, Raza felt over each bump of the small blond's spine before stopping in the center of his back. The skin felt warmer there. Raza traced where he knew his Mark now laid claim of this small blond male. His Chosen. Sage is his, it couldn't be denied, he made sure of it.

Sage shifted, pressing his small form impossibly closer to him. Raza smirked as his fingers followed the swirls of his Mark. It was only a shade or two darker than Sage's tan skin. It could be mistaken for a birthmark by a Human, a very unique one.

The feel of Sage's sharp canines grazing over his neck made Raza shiver, remembering the pleasure like no other that had followed after his Chosen had pierced his skin in a fierce bite. It was the way his kind marked their Mates. Raza felt honored to have receive it.

"Mm..." Sage murmured sleepily, nuzzling into the crease of his neck. "What time is it?"

Time? Time was something Raza didn't concern himself with.

Rolling over, Raza hovered over the small blond who looked up at him with tired brown eyes. "How do you feel?" He asked. Their first coupling had been gentle, more of a chance to explore and become familiar with the other. He had to know every dip and curve. Learn every way to make his Chosen's body ache for his touch. He still had so much to discover and he was eager to do so in privacy where he could make the small blond scream for him, for more.

Sage's cheeks tinted pink already knowing where his thoughts had drifted and his smile became bashful. "Perfect." He breathed, lifting up to press his lips to Raza's.

Raza would have continued if Sage hadn't pushed him back and slipped out from under the covers. Although the sight of his naked Chosen was always welcome, seeing Sage rushing to put clothes on made him grumble.

"We have to go." Sage said, his eyes going to the window and the bright sky beyond. When Raza didn't move, he turned to him with worried eyes. "Now, we have to go now."

With that he ran out of the room and Raza listened to him wake up his mom. Confused, he got up and pulled on his clothes that had dried. If he was back home or anywhere else, he could have dried the clothes in seconds or not have gotten wet at all. He wasn't as strong in this world and it made him feel exposed...vulnerable.

Buttoning his jeans, Raza stepped into the hallway to see Sage struggling to hold up his mom as she leaned all of her weight on him. Raza went to them, scooping the half awake female up and holding her bridal style.

"Come on." Sage said, still in a rush.

Raza furrowed his brows but pushed off Sage's behavior thinking he wanted to get to his siblings. It's not how he expected the morning after their joining to go. If anything, he expected to still have the small blond in bed making more of those breathy moans he'd made. It was unlike anything he'd ever experienced in his long life, no other lover could compare, no other even held a flicker to the raging inferno of pleasure, joy and satisfaction it brought him to see his Chosen loose himself to him.