- C H A P T E R E I G H T -

Katelyn was dead; everyone was devastated when Kawaii~chan found her in her room, laying there still and cold. Her eyes were rolled back, her skin, pale with a tint of green; a rope was wrapped around her neck, loose, as she was in the corner. By the side of her hand, pills: pills of all sorts. She had died of drug abuse and of suffocation.

Travis locked himself in his room, he hadn't came out for days since he heard the tragic news. His eyes were sore from the steaming hot liquid that would pour out his eyes uncontrollably; his bones ached from starving himself.

Knock knock

Two, almost soundless, knocks came from the door. Travis's head lifted, blinking slowly as his eyes adjusted to the door.
"W- who's there?" He called out, his voice was sulky, drowned in melancholy.

"Its Aphmau.. Katelyn's funeral is today.. I think you should come with us to pay our respects.. One-.. One last time.."

The male paused for a moment before rubbing his eyes
The thought of Katelyn's pale... Stiff.. Cold body haunted him. A shiver rushed through him before getting up on his feet.

"I-ill be out in a bit." He stated, walking over to the formal black funeral suit layer on the couch. Aphmau dropped it off the past day, as Travis was in a tough state and Aaron.. He had a business trip to attend to due to family problems.
The boney male stared at the suit, gently touching the fabric with the tips of his fingers. A sigh slipped from his lips; he began to put the suit on. It didn't fit as well as he hoped. It was loose and a size too big.
It wasn't that noticeable but it sure did feel like it.
Travis forced his legs to move towards the door, as much as he wanted to stay there and cry, but, Katelyn wouldn't want that, and he knew that.
He turned the handle, pushing it open.
Aphmau was there on the other side, she was wearing a black dress, tights, shoes and vale, which of course. Was black. She was holding a bouquet of white roses.
Travis' eyes glazed with tears as he began blaming himself in his mind.
"Oh Irene she's really gone..." He murmured,
Aphmau didn't reply, she looked at the bouquet and said nothing.
They were in silence.
"We should go now.." Aphmau finally said, averting her eyes and narrowed them over to a glazed red car just outside. Garroth, Lucinda and Zane were in the back dressed in formal black suits. Garroth was crossing his arms and looking out into the distance, it was obvious he had a lot of his mind. Lucinda was patting Zane's back as he cried mercilessly into his hands.
Travis bit his bottom lip, although, it was quivering quiet rapidly.
Aphmau was the first one to walk outside m Travis followed along shortly, sniffing, trying to absorb is sadness but alas, it didn't work. He ended up wiping his sore nose.
The two reach the car and get in. Aphmau takes the driver seat and Travis sits beside her. Its quiet. But Zane's crying interrupted the silence several times.
After a while of driving they arrived to the cemetery. Aphmau let out a long sign before shuffling around and getting out of the car. Garroth, Lucinda and Zane got out after.
Travis stayed put for a while till finally getting out of the vehicle and catching up with the others.

His hands were planted in his blazer pockets and his head was tilted town, eyes staring straight thought his shiny black shoes.
They all got to the grave which Katelyn's funeral was placed. Her family were there as well a kawaii chan, Nicole, Dante, Lawrence and many others, mostly people from high school which Katelyn was friends with. Everyone expect for Aaron. Travis signed as he stood beside the ready dug grave. He grew sadder as he thought of Aaron, he really needed comfort from him as they haven't spoken since Aaron boarded a plane to England.

"We are joined here today due to an unspeakable event, which ha taken place." The priest began to spoke, as everyone arrived.
"Katelyn Hofe-"
(*admin's note:
I couldn't find any in formation on Katelyn's last name from her info page so I just gave her voice actor's last name just a small clarification*)
He added before signalling Eric to the microphone.
He was a complete mess, tears running down his cheeks, his eyes a pink colour due to crying. The male read his speech in a hesitated way, stammering every two words.
It was miserable and hard to watch.
He walked away from the mic, allowing the rest to speech. Travis's heart raced, it grew faster at each speech, every tear every word.
At last, he focused his eyes on the coffin behind the microphone. Katelyn.
She was there, inside it, laying but.. She wasn't. A faint humanoid outline was at the side. The colours of the figure were faded. Katelyn.

His eyes began to swell with tears and his mouth began to taste bitter before gagging up a puddle of vomit onto the grass. He planted his hands on his knees as he released the unpleasant liquid.
Everyone turned and stared at him, mostly in disgust but few in worry.