Chapter twelve ~ 4 Years Later

Keslie

I made it to the NFR again and it's the last day of the ten days. I was hoping to win the world championship in barrel racing!

I watched Haze and he did amazing! He also won the world title! I met him in the back and congratulated him and they interviewed him on live tv.

Haze came back with me to get Dakota ready to go.

I put on my blue doughnut rodeo shirt and put my Jolene tack set on Dakota with some yellow and blue embre boots and bell boots.

I got my black felt hat on and hopped in the saddle.

I warmed up and was waiting in the side alley with Haze. "Your gonna rock this!" He said to me, "Thanks! I hope so!" I said to him, "Not you hope so, you know so." He said and it was my turn to go. I walked Dakota up the alley way and I let him go half way thru.

We rounded first and I kicked to second, I got to third and grabbed my whip. I hit him and we ran a 13.24! I won the night and the world title!

I went back and let Dakota go in his stall and I went back with Haze because they needed to interview me.

"Well, how does it feel to be the world champion barrel racer?!" The guy asked me, "It's great!" I said, "Do you have anything you'd like to say?" The guy asked Haze, "I don't really have anything to say except... I'm darn proud of you, and..." he said. I was looking away cause I heard a loud noise and it scared me. "Keslie Taylor Anderson, will you make me the happiest man on Earth and marry me?" Haze said on one knee when I turned around.

"Yes! Haze yes! I love you!" I said as he stood up "I love you too!" He said he and crashed his lips on mine.

We parted and walked away to our trailers together happy as could be!

Haze

Today's the day! I'm going to ask Keslie to marry me! I really hope it goes well, it probably will but I'm still nervous as heck!

I decided to propose at the NFR after she runs. I went to the chutes and got ready to get on the bronc. "Are you ok man?" I heard Jason ask me, "Yeah, it's just today I'm asking Keslie..." I said, "Oh, well good luck! But right now you gotta tackle a bronc. You can do it!" He said, "Thanks" I replied.

I got on and we came out and she rared up then went buckin. I rode it and got an 89 points and won the night. I also won the world title again this year!

I went back and they interviewed me. Keslie came back and met me there also.

We went to her trailer and I helped her get Dakota ready.

She warmed up and while we were in the side alley I said to her, "Your gonna rock this!" "Thanks, I hope so..." she said, "Not you hope so, you know so!" I replied when it was her turn to go.

I walked her out of the side and she walked him down and let him run. She won the night with a 13.24 and got the world title!

We took Dakota back and left him in his stall and we went to the back so that they could interview her again.

"How does it feel to be the world champion barrel racer?!" The announcer guy asked her, "It's great!" She replied excitedly, "Do you have anything that you'd like to say?" He asked me, "I don't really have anything to say except... I'm so darn proud of you and..." I trailed off. Luckily one of the chutes banged open as a bull came out and it distracted Kes so I could get ready.

I got down on one knee and I said, "Keslie Taylor Anderson will you make me the happiest man on Earth and marry me?" "Yes Haze yes! I love you!" She said super happily, "I love you too" I said before I crashed my lips on hers.

We parted and we went back to our trailers/Dakotas stall as happy as can be!