lii

[13] Saved Drafts

To: warrenmoore@jmuniversity.com
Subject: none _

i hope i didn't make a mistake telling Edd

Last edited 3 days ago.

kevin.

NAT AND I HUNG OUT AT HIS PLACE TODAY. We did what any other college boy does on a day off--smoke weed, play Fortnite and eat a shit ton of McDonald's fries. As we sat on his floor, playing video games with the most concentration we have ever put into anything, Nat wasted no time to ask me about the night of the fair.

"It, uh, it went really well, I think," I tell him.

"Tell me about it."

"Fuck, I can't--I can't play and talk at the same time," I laugh, furrowing my eyebrows to focus. "I can't even multi--what's the word? For when you can't do more than one thing? Multi, multi, multi..." I lose track of what I'm saying as I continue playing.

Ten minutes and a blunt later, I die.

"Fuck me!" I shout. "Fuck I was so close! Final ten and this loser kills me."

I groan and stand up to stretch, stumbling on my way up. I laugh at the thought of how funny I looked almost falling, and Nat snorts in the background.

Nat clears his throat, picking up the bottle of wine we've been sipping from. He offers me the bottle--it's half full--and I indulge myself in a few gulps of it.

"Now," he slurs, closing his eyes and then struggling to reopen them. "Tell me about your date, lover."

"Ay, no quiero hablar de eso."

Nat scoffs. "Come on, tell me."

"Okay. Fuimos al faire, nos tomamos de la mano, y yo lo besé a la parte más alta de la noria. ¿Qué más quieres?"

"Listen, mister, you don't hafta be so short wit me. I jus' wanna know how it felt to kiss him an' what you both said afterward, is that too much to ask?" He says it with a joking tone, but I realize he means it.

I think for a second, then take another swig. "Your mom has good taste," I say. He looks back at me, smiles, then begins a game of Fortnite. "It's nice," I continue. "It feels really good in my mouth; I feel like I've always wanted it. What is it, pinot noir? I really enjoy it. Always making me feel better, goes well with any meal, made me question my sexuality. Really cute dimples."

Nat turns to me. "You're such a little shit, you know that?"

"What?" My face reddens deeper than it was from the alcohol.

He chortles. "Trying to act all deep 'n shit; using metaphors and all that. You're so weird when you're in love."

"Woahwoahwoahwoahwoah. Who said anything about love? Why does everyone keep assuming I'm in love with Edd? Can't I just like someone? Can't I just admire someone and want to be their lover? Love--love's such a strong word."

"Okay, sorry," Nat says. He stands up and walks to his desk, rolling another blunt. When he finishes, he lights it, hands it to me, and smiles. "I'm just really happy you're not sad anymore. Edd's helped you a lot... I'm grateful. And you've helped him too. I hope you guys stay best friends--lovers or otherwise."

"Alright, that's enough emotions for me."

"Kevin," Nat sings, wrapping his arm around me. "I love you."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I smile.

Hello Kevin!