chapter 32

Chapter 32

Things moved along for a few weeks. Students found themselves fascinated by either the magic or the technology they were now being exposed to.

Quite a few of those raised by staunch pureblood families felt more than a bit of fear as they looked out of the classroom windows at the Vauxhall Bridge, visible from the new building.

Having only been exposed to Diagon Alley and other magical areas, they had never seen so many people moving in one place. And that didn't even begin to take into account the vehicles, especially during rush hour.

Harry was suitably distracted by the girls, Fleur or his latest project, a magical MALP. The girls were a bit jealous of Gemma, Fleur and Harry as they were no longer in school. It was also clear that Fleur and Harry had been getting a fair bit more passionate and they wanted that too.

It was on Halloween that Harry's luck struck again. It was just after classes had finished when the castle went into high alert. Suits of armour stepped off their plinths and began herding the students and teachers to the Great Hall. From the Great Hall they were all sent to Vauxhall through a portal.

Down in the Chamber of Secrets Harry stood with the senior teachers, Tonks, Fleur and Jack O'Neill.

Poppy Pomphrey was working hard on Terrence Higgs who had a large hole in the right side of his chest. That wasn't the worst part. Two male members of the Pottery Club were nearby, dead on the floor. Several suits of armour were strewn about; twisted and melted.

But it was Terry's report, given through haggard and pain filled breaths that held the worst of the news.

"He-mione, L-sa, gone...... t- AH! Taken."

"Terry, let me see what you saw." Harry said gently as he knelt down on his left side, Poppy still working furiously.

Terry just opened his eyes wide and stared at Harry.

"Poppy, what do you need?" Albus asked calmly. "Fawkes can-"

"Fawkes can't repair this much damage." She snapped, she was upset by what had happened. Children killed or kidnapped. "His right lung is gone! His rib cage with it. These are not the type of injuries I am used to. Give me curses and severed limbs and I can fix you. A blasting curse to the chest will kill you. Higgs should be dead!"

"I- I- I have an idea." Aurora offered. She, like the others was scared and shocked. She was standing very close to Jack who put a comforting arm around her. "On Atlantis, there are special chambers that will put him in stasis, like petrification."

"Wait!" Jack pushed her away slightly and held her by the shoulders. "What about Harry's snake? You said it could do that."

"The problem would be reviving him." Albus frowned. "In his current state we would not be able to administer the potion to do that."

"The chambers don't need that. You put him in and push a button. You want him awake? Push the button again." Aurora explained, her eyes locked on Jack's.

"Can Ember take us straight to them?"

"She can." Harry startled them as he joined the conversation. The little phoenix (who was now fully grown) appeared on Harry's shoulder. She then vanished in flame, taking Harry, Poppy and Terry with her.

Harry returned with Ember a minute later. He turned straight to Jack.

"Tell me Colonel, are you beginning to see the consequences of a unilateral action by your government?" He asked stonily as he pointed to the dead man in the corner wearing grey metal armour.