chapter 34

Harry's mind often produced exceptionally good ideas. Occasionally those ideas weren't feasible due to a lack of resources. Such was the case this time. More men were needed. Several more regiments and battalions were briefed on magic and the wider universe. Everyone from the SAS to the Territorial Army. If they had the skills required, then they were recruited for this mission.

In the meantime, Moros had a few more suggestions for Harry. This lead them to the stargate in the Chamber of Secrets.

"If you have one of the power cells we can just use it to boost the range of the stargate."

"Stargates are only to be used for the transport of inanimate objects."

"We used them for thousands of years! It takes a fool to get hurt by one!"

"Look, if you want to use it then fine. We'll go to Atlantis and you can use that one. This stargate stays locked." Harry said firmly. "Now, will you please just enter the addresses into the map so we can go?"

Moros grumpily complied, muttering to himself all the while. He managed to hide the fact he was impressed by the intergalactic map Harry and his team of professors had created.

"There." He finished waspishly.

"Right, let's go." Harry said as he marched over to the portal. "Urk!"

"Forgetting something?"

Harry looked over his shoulder to see David and Tonks glaring at him. Tonks had a firm grip on his shoulder.

"Dave, you take the lead." Gemma instructed as she tried not to laugh at the sight of Harry trying not to fall over as Tonks pulled him back.

"WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!"

Everyone turned to see Hermione come running down the stone pathway from the massive doors to the chamber.

She was completely out of breath when she reached them.

She couldn't talk and had to just grab Harry by the arm and sluggishly dragged him off.

Nobody paid attention to the grumbling Moros as Tracey shut down the portal.

"Lieutenant, please fire on the mannequin."

David rolled his eyes as he hefted his weapon. He had made it clear that the kids didn't have to use his rank, but Hermione still refused to call Filius or Minerva by their first names... or even Yoshiko! She always curtsied when she found herself addressing Toyotama.

"FIRING THREE ROUND BURST!" David shouted before pulling the trigger.

*BA-BA-BANG*

As everyone lowered their fingers from their ears, they let out various impressed noises. The mannequin, at the end of the special firing range of one of Binns' classrooms, was untouched, unmoved, undamaged.

"MAN ON THE RANGE!" David shouted before gesturing to Harry and Hermione to lead the way.

"That's a hell of a bulletproof vest, Hermione." David commented as they drew closer.

"All it is, is a bulletproof vest charmed and enscribed to act as a portal. A lot like the one in the Chamber of Secrets." Hermione smiled.

"Wow!" Harry grinned. "Where do the bullets go?"

Hermione removed a pouch from the side of the vest and handed it to Harry. "We don't have any uses for it yet, but if nothing else, they could be used for transfiguration in the field."

In the little pouch were the distended and squished projectiles.

"The major downside is that the portals currently require a flat surface, they don't extend to the arms or sides."