25| Wet

"Get up!"

    I hiss at a super-confused Anson, as he lays speechless on my living room floor. I grab his things from the couch and push him down the hall.

    The front door bursts open, and I shove Anson into our bathroom, shutting the door  behind me and gazing at him in silence.

     "What are you doing?" He mouths, and I roll my eyes.

     "Bryn is Home. Remember the deal we made?" I whisper.

     Bryn can't know Anson and I are hanging out here. Then she'll talk, then everyone will hear stories about Anson and me. Bryn has a knack for spreading stories- to people from middle school all the way to my great aunt at the nursing home.

    And even if she keeps her mouth shut this time, she still can't get attached to a guy that I'm not even dating.

     "I didn't think you were being this thorough!" Anson sighs, and I press my finger to my lips.

    "Shhh." I say.

   I adjust a stray strand of my brown hair and  press my ear to the door to listen for any signs that Bryn has gone up to her room.

    I hear the microwave, and I know she's still downstairs in the kitchen . Anson frowns, and I shrug.

     "She always makes a snack after school." I explain.

     "This is ridiculous, Indie." He sighs. He reaches for the door handle, but I block his way.

He raises a brow at me.

"You said I always win, remember." I smile sweetly and he smirks.

"Fine." His strong arms fold in front of his chest.

Thank goodness.

      I bite my lip, hearing footsteps from the hallway. For some reason, my heart begins to beat harder.

    "INDIE!" I hear Bryn call my name from right outside the bathroom.

    My eyes widen, and I semi-calmly call back.

   "I'm in the bathroom!"

    "Can I come in?" She calls, I shake my head.

     No no no. If she barges in, we're busted and then how will I explain anything?

    "No!" My voice is a little too curt.

     "Why? I need my things!" She yells frustratedly. I facepalm. Anson smirks arrogantly beside me, I know he is enjoying watching me squirm.

     "Can you wait?!" I call to Bryn.

     "I'm coming in!" She says, and my eyes widen.

     "Lock the door!" Anson whispers from beside me.

Now he wants to help?

     I look down at the doorknob, remembering one distinct feature about my family bathroom.

     "It doesn't lock." I explain.

      "What? Why?"

      I shake my head embarrassedly. "It just doesn't, okay?!"

    "Who's bathroom door doesn't lock?"

We don't have time for an interrogation!

     I roll my eyes. "My household is literally all girls. It's not like we lock it on a regular basis anyways!"