Leaving To France? - Pierce pov

It's finally the day, the day I've been waiting for... ever since I joined two years ago as a CNN journalist. As I packed my bags for the assignment, memories of my journey as a CNN journalist flooded my mind. From my first assignment covering an armed robbery in a Highland Park bar to reporting on international conflicts in countries like Mexico and Korea, each experience shaped me into the journalist I am today.

But today was different. Today marked a turning point in my career, an opportunity to cover a story that could make a significant impact. The thought of what lay ahead filled me with a mix of excitement and apprehension. This wasn't just another assignment; it was a chance to make a differeBut today was different.

"Hey Alice, are you ready to go?" Peter's voice snapped me out of my reverie. I glanced at the checklist on my typewriter, my trusty companion in this whirlwind of a career. Vintage as it may be, it was a symbol of my commitment to storytelling, a reminder of where I came from.

One picture of me and my dad when I was about eight years old, I'm sitting down next to him. we're leaning against a curved V-shaped tree as I'm eating a Powerpuff Girls ice cream popsicle stick at our favorite park called Griffith Park. The photo is in a light brown wooden frame. I smile at it, I'm doing this for you, dad. Leo's voice comes into my, you're the only one who could tell the story, his story.

It's been a month since I had been told of my dads MIA status. Although it was a hard 2 weeks before Leo left. I know I needed this. There was a while we're I was contemplating quitting my work. The whole reason I started this job was to combine my passion with my upbringing and sense of adventure. I felt like I had a sense of duty to provide the American people with updates on the military happenings. After all, the only reason we haven't had any problems on the U.S. soil is that we fight out of the country to keep our people and environment safe.

Next to that one in a white frame is a black-and-white picture of Leon and I that we took at prom.... I still remember that day as if it were yesterday... How we danced slow to one of the rap songs called Soldier Boy because they weren't playing any slow songs... Were dorks we knew that... I miss him so much that I miss having him to talk to and complain to. I miss his voice... I don't even care if he was yelling at me right now because I made him frustrated... I'd give anything to hear his voice one more time....

Hearing footsteps get closer to my office, which I made from one of my small rooms downstairs in my penthouse. Yes, I live in a nice penthouse. It's pretty big and looks over the city of Angels, of course. I love living here because it makes me feel safer knowing I'm surrounded by many but yet still have my quiet place.

I look at my doorway seeing my assistant Peter, who is dressed in a white long button-up shirt with a sweater-cut vest over it and black jeans which, of course, he paired, with his signature white Mckinnon shoes. He does look stylish, with his dirty blond hair blue eyes and toned tall body... Before you say anything, we are not a thing... I don't think Kevin would appreciate me flirting with Peter. That would be the utter betrayal of my friendship with Kevin.

"Alice, are you even ready?" Petter says, pulling me away from my thoughts. "Peter, the plane doesn't depart till 22:40. it's only 19:30.... We have time... no need to rush." We walk out of the office, and I look at my photos one more time before closing the door.

"Alice, do you know how hard it is to get through security on base for this stuff?" I roll my eyes at him. We've been doing this for two years now, and he's always the same... he thinks they won't let us in, even when we have an ID that automatically lets us on base without going through all the checkpoints and being the daughter of a Colonel, especially a Marine MIA... I never have a problem getting on base. It's such a breeze.