The Attack

Alice's POV

The last thing I heard before falling asleep was Leo being called away by someone I and Peter haven't met yet. I couldn't tell because the voice was unrecognizable but I gathered from this person, that he is Scottish from the loud booming voice. After that, the jet lag got the better of me, and I fell asleep in my soft cushioned sleeping bag.

Leon's POV

I left the tent after I put Alice to bed... Gosh, I've missed her so much. I wish things were different instead of being in a war-torn country. I would have loved to bring her to Paris... If it wasn't where I was stationed... Not to mention if it wasn't torn to shreds by war. I can't believe what Ross said about me and Chloe... Like god no... She's a wonderful snipper and person... But she and I can't click like that at all. I walk over to my jeep and pull out some of my gear, in case I need it. As soon as I do, I hear the loud Scottish booming voice of my buddy Lewis Daniels.

"Oye, Sully my Ladd, I see you brought a young woman in your tent. You are one to attract the opposite sex!" He laughs, oh you obnoxious bastard...Uhh, it's Lewis I say to myself. I turn to see the 6'3 large burly barrel chest of a man, with a red colored beard and big bushy red hair. The man was a heavyweight prizefighter if that was your first guess... You were right, because of the number of bar fights he has started in local bars around here when we get the time to go out. This guy packs a wicked mean right hand that can bring any mountain down.

I greet Lewis with a firm handshake like always. "Hey, Lewis how you been?" I say avoiding his last comment. "Ahh I've been good ladd, being the machine gunner on the post means you are always on constant watch but Oye it's fucking so much waiting, I need some action or a drink!' He complains loudly again. "Hey man, I would rather be calm than intense, it means more sleep for my eyes." I jokingly say to him back.

"Haha, true Ladd true... So ready to hit the puns and Russell against our French brethren?" Lewis asks me. "No Lewis I'm not going out drinking, we are waiting for an attack soon," I tell him. "C'mon Ladd I wouldn't want any other person by my side in a bar fight than you, Sully, you may be tiny Ladd but you're a good boxer and we both know how much we both enjoy singing songs, and drinking whiskey..." he says trying to convince me and it almost worked but that's when we heard it.

"Attaque Attaque!!!! Les Russes!!!" One of the French overwatch shouts on the top of one of the buildings but suddenly a mortar lands close by not too far from the tents. "Shit go get to your position!!!!" I shout to Lewis as he runs to get his equipment. "Aye, Ladd, I'll see you on the front line," he says as he runs off to join his fellow Royal Marines. I didn't have time and was about to hit the rack so all I had was my blouse. I so wasn't prepared, all I had on was my green shirt and trousers with my boots on. So I quickly threw on my flak and Kevlar helmet. My flask has 3 front magazine pouches with 2 in" each mag. I quickly attached my war belt that held 3 more mags with two on my left side and 1 on my right.

I also strapped my thigh holster to my left leg my pistol is an m1911 pistol the magazines for it are attached to my war belt and I only have two magazines for it. After rushing to put all my gear on I was suddenly grabbed by a large pair of hands that pulled me away from the jeep, which instantly exploded in front of us. On my back and dazed by the explosion with ears ringing I look up to see as Staff Sgt. Kellin looks down on me.

Reaching up to him, he pulls me up and shouts as my ears are still recovering from the explosion that just happened. "Sargent Sulleven go and escort the reporters out and from the battle now!!!" He shouts to me. "Aye Staff Sgt!!!" I scramble to the tent and a frightened Peter comes rushing out. "Oh my god are we under attack!?!?!?" He shouts still in a nice outfit, Khaki pants and a nice sweater vest. "We need to go!! We need to get you out of the battle zone." As I see one of the other jeeps coming down the way, I call them over... luckily they are only a couple of feet away. I open the door to see Ross driving the jeep, I give him a nod as I push Peter in... "Get him away from the front line, I'll meet you at the spot" Ross nods his head, closing the door I run, to the tent hoping Alice is still there.